• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links to embedded PDFs not working on mobile

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9, and while using Acrobat Reader mobile version 19.8.1.10668, and opening a PDF document with embedded links, the links do not work. If I open the same document using the desktop version, the links work just fine. Please help.

TOPICS
Android , View or share PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HNB,

Sorry for the delay in response.

The links embedded to PDF do work in the Acrobat Reader mobile application. 

Please refer to the following community thread will similar issue. Check the answer provided there. it can be the same scenario with your PDF.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Acrobat-Reader-Mobile/Why-don-t-PDF-links-work-This-is-a-serious-prob...

As we do not have the PDF, we cannot say much about the reason these links are not working. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Try to update your Adobe Acrobat Mobile app first.

And also check for recent Android updates and Google security updates from here :

https://support.google.com/android/answer/7680439?hl=en 

And reset the preferences for the Acrobat mobile app.

Embedded links dont work in the Adobe Reader mobile version.

You can work around this, however, by editing the original form with Adobe Acrobat Pro in your desktop computer and, instead of embedding links, provide a button in the form with a javascript  to open the links. Then save as Reader Extended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. I already checked and have the latest Acrobat version available at the play store, version 19.8.1.10668. Looked at the preferences and reset as much of them as I could. Did not see anything that could relate to the issue though. Checked also my Android version and I have the latest one (N96OUSQS2CSI3, updated 10/17).

Since I do not "own" the file and do not have Adobe Acrobat Pro, I cannot modify the file as you suggested. Thank you for your suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HNB,

As the links not working on the mobile app, please confirm if this happens with a particular PDF.

Did you check if you can open the links from other PDFs or not?

Would you mind sharing the PDF with us? We would like to check it on our end.

You may share the file using the steps provided here https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7161

Let us know if the issue is already resolved.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

I believe this happens with all PDFs that have links to embeded documents, but cannot confirm because I only have the one file. Did confirm that it happens with multiple versions of the one file (the file has been updated over time). Can't send you the file, as it is an internal file of the company for which I work and contains sensitive information. I don't own Acrobat Pro, to try to duplicate the issue accross multiple files either.

The issue still remains. Could you confirm what was posted by ls_rbls above that "Embedded links don't work in the Adobe Reader mobile version." If that is the case, when could we expect the feature to be fixed/added?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the 7 day free trial version of Adobe Acrobat Pro. in an available computer.

https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/free-trial-download.html 

Maybe you will be able to reproduce and see the problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking if you were able to resolve your issue and to remind you  that there is a new update with some fixes that was pushed out by Adobe today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HNB,

Sorry for the delay in response.

The links embedded to PDF do work in the Acrobat Reader mobile application. 

Please refer to the following community thread will similar issue. Check the answer provided there. it can be the same scenario with your PDF.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Acrobat-Reader-Mobile/Why-don-t-PDF-links-work-This-is-a-serious-prob...

As we do not have the PDF, we cannot say much about the reason these links are not working. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meenakshi and HNB,

I just want to clarify that the original question posted here is about embedded links to PDF.

Maybe the two of you are referring to an URL that will open up  automatically in a mobile app web browser when the user clicks the URL from within the PDF document that is currently viewed in the Acrobat Mobile App.

The answer I was trying to angle, however,  is to open a PDF in a new browser window from a PDF document that is being viewed with the Acrobat Mobile App. 

This solution was voted as best answer in the following thread from acrobatusers.com:

https://answers.acrobatusers.com/How-I-open-hyperlinks-inside-embedded-pdf-window-q2104.aspx  posted by JR_Boulay.

And it still does not mention if it is possible with the Acrobat Mobile App.

Even though Adobe Acrobat Pro has that option in the Preferences settings the case does not seem to be true to work  in the Acrobat Mobile App by itself.

It seems like the way to go is to create a javascript (as suggested in the link above), which is needed in the PDF form by using Acrobat Pro, and in order to be able to open the same PDF document in a new window that will invoke a defaulted browser in the mobile device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @MeenakshiNegi, that fixed/explained it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a MS word file containing a link and then I saved it as a pdf file. When trying to open the link on my desktop it opens easily but when trying to open the same link on an android mobile, it does not. Tried in some other phones, still cannot open. I tried sharing the document with you on forums.adobe.com but the process of sharing is cumbersome, I failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of link? A link to a web site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes it was a zoom meeting link which I pasted on a word document. It opens on a desktop or laptop but not on and android phone.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still haven't found the answer to my problem.  I have a pdf file that has attachments in it.  I can open the pdf file on my tablet, but i can't open the attachments that are embedded in the pdf file with the mobile app.  Seems ridiculous that I can use the free Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on my computer to create attachments in the pdf file, but I can't open those attachments on my tablet.  Does anyone have an answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines