• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

List Field Not Changing on IPad or Android

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I created a pdf form in In Design, in which all the fields (list and text) work when I am filling it out on a computer.  However, when I download and try to fill out the form on either an ipad or andriod phone, the list fields won't change.  They show up as options to be changed, and I can select an option, but on the form they only show the first option. For example, for a Yes/No choice, all of the fields automatically say "Yes." When I try to change this, and select "No," it still appears as "Yes" on the form. 

Also of note, when I pull up the form on a computer, there are no options automatically chosen until I've clicked inside the field.

If I download the form I've filled out on an iPad or Android to a computer (via Google Drive), the options appear correct, but unless I use the computer to re-input all the list fields, the default option appears on the form in Google Drive. They only other fields are text fields but they seem to work just fine.  I'm assuming the solution has to be some weird option I have selected in In Design but I've yet to find it.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the response! I was actually able to resolve the issue by changing the button from a "List" button to a "Combo" button.  I've emailed you both so you can see. Both look the same on a computer, but on an ipad or android, you can see the "list" button automatically displays the first option. I'm not sure why this worked or if I did something wrong on the list pdf, but I'm just glad it works.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi zakiyam,

is it possible to share your file with us for the investigation of the problem? I will send you a private message with an email address that you can use to send us your file.

sorry for the inconvenience. We may find a workaround for the problem if we get the file to investigate.

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the response! I was actually able to resolve the issue by changing the button from a "List" button to a "Combo" button.  I've emailed you both so you can see. Both look the same on a computer, but on an ipad or android, you can see the "list" button automatically displays the first option. I'm not sure why this worked or if I did something wrong on the list pdf, but I'm just glad it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines