Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost all comments and highlights

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have saved a number of PDFs to my Google Drive [GD] so I can work on them from both my Android Tablet and my PC. I tried opening a couple of the files on my PC tonight and all the comments and highlights were missing. Yet they were there when I open the file on the Tablet.

I went onto the text chat help from the Adobe webpage to figure it out. The 'helper' told me to disable then re-enable the GD link to my Tablet and my PC. No change on the PC end, but my Tablet no longer had any highlights/comments. I told the 'helper' this had happened and he told me to uninstall/reinstall Acrobat, which, like an idiot, I did.

Now, after all this (too late) I realised it was likely that GD is not syncing correctly with the Tablet. Therefore, it was not saving my comments/highlights to GD, but it must have saved them locally on my Tablet. as I could could still swap between multiple files on the Tablet and they were all still there. Are they still on the Tablet somewhere, even though I uninstalled/reinstalled the app?

I'm really annoyed with the 'helper'. I asked him/her how to save/sync to GD and his response was to ask how I got the files onto GD in the first place. Most of the files I uploaded from my PC, but some of them I saved to GD from the Tablet through the 'save to Google Drive' option. This option disappears once you use it. The weird thing is my PC can't see any of these Tablet uploaded files on GD through my desktop Acrobat.

So I hope someone can help with these questions:

1) Can I retrieve my comments/highlights from my Tablet?

2) How do I get my tablet to sync properly/ save to GD?

3) Why can't Acrobat on my PC see files I have saved to GD through my Tablet?

Cheers

Keri

TOPICS
Android , Comment markup and annotate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I have to say that Adobe support is a disgrace.

I posted this question one week ago and there has been NO response.

I was told that this forum was the place to come to get help with my problem, after the EXPLICIT INSTRUCTIONS from YOUR ADOBE EMPLOYEE on YOUR CHAT HELP LINE lost me days worth of work.

I've been re-doing the work, but my annotations and highlights are still not being saved with the PDF file to Google Drive.

I have a PRO subscription, which according to your website allows me both CHAT and FORUM HELP for my Acrobat DC product. Will someone HELP please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Keri

Did you ever sort this out?

I'm experiencing a similar problem which seems to have arisen since my Acrobat Reader became dedicated to Samsung.

I've just highlighted parts of a document on my MB.   Closed it.  Opened it on my phone (Galaxy Note 8) in the Dropbox App, the highlights are all there.  All good.  

I then click on the invitation to open the document in Acrobat Reader and - you would think - everything would be the same. But no - no highlights.  

More irritatingly, I can't even highlight the PDF on my android phone which I used to be able to do before it became Acrobat for Samsung.   

So if any of you so called customer service Johnnies are reading this, perhaps you could tell us what the answer is.  If you start by repeating the question to me, I'll seriously start investigating alternatives to Acrobat.  Over to you.

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines