• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mobile app constantly crashing on tablet

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Samsung Tab E, running Android 4.4.4 and using Adobe Acrobat Reader 18.2. No updates are available to either program. Adobe crashes very frequently, causing me to lose all highlights and comments I've made to a document. It also does not leave me signed in to the document cloud (I don't know if this is related). I saw that someone else posted that it could be due to access to the website being blocked but that doesn't seem to be the issue since I can access the site on my laptop using the same wi-fi. I'm trying to work on my dissertation and can't keep losing all of my work! Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi judyw,

As per the issue description mentioned above, acrobat reader is crashing on your tablet, is that correct?

Could you try updating the app to version 18.4.1 and check if that resolves the issue?

Does this happen on a specific pdf? Have you tried with another pdf and check if this behavior continues?

Is there any error message when reader crashes?

Also, have you tried replicating the issue when connected using mobile data?

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi judyw,

As per the issue description mentioned above, acrobat reader is crashing on your tablet, is that correct?

Could you try updating the app to version 18.4.1 and check if that resolves the issue?

Does this happen on a specific pdf? Have you tried with another pdf and check if this behavior continues?

Is there any error message when reader crashes?

Also, have you tried replicating the issue when connected using mobile data?

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you are correct in the description of the problem. It is interesting to note that the version of Adobe Reader for Android available via the Play Store is different than the version available via the Adobe website (play store has v 18.1.... and website has 18.4....). I have updated to the new version and will see if this resolves the issue as it occurred on multiple PDFs without generating an error message (only that it had stopped working). I do not have mobile data for my tablet, only wi-fi, so I cannot check to see if the issue recurs in that context. I will, however, update as soon as I know if the new version made a difference.

Update: the app is no longer crashing but it still seems to have issues keeping me signed in. This isn't nearly so much of a problem since it is no longer losing my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines