• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Most commonly asked question about forms on Acrobat Reader Mobile App.

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At times users experience some issues, while working with the PDF forms. Here are some most commonly asked questions and their answers.

1- Does Acrobat Reader support XFA forms?

No. Acrobat Reader cannot open dynamic or static XFA forms created with LiveCycle Designer.

2- Is there any LiveCycle integration?

Acrobat Reader supports files secured by password security via Adobe LiveCycle Rights Management Server as well as document revocation. For details, see the Mobile Enterprise Guide at https://www.adobe.com/go/readermobileetk.

3- Why does the form I completed on my device appear blank elsewhere?

There are several possible reasons:

Filling in XFA forms (sometimes created with LiveCycle Designer) is not supported.

Many non-Adobe PDF viewers DO NOT SUPPORT viewing form data. These include iBooks, the built-in PDF Preview in iPad Mail, and other apps (like Dropbox).

4-Why don’t I see the form element tools?

You have opened an Acroform or a signed form. You cannot add form fields to those types of files.

5-How come my profile data does not auto fill in the form?

You are likely looking at an Acroform rather than a Fill & Sign form. Profile data is only available with Fill & Sign.

6-Why can’t I edit my form?

Signed forms are locked.

Have any further questions about forms? Join the conversation here. We are listening!

To discover a host of other great features – Go straight to:  Want to make simple edits of PDF on iPad/Tablets? We’re here to help!  |

You can do more in Adobe Reader Mobile if you have an Acrobat Pro DC subscription.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines