Highlighted

Need to stop word docs automatically opening in acrobat app on iPad

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

I accidentally opened a word doc from an email in the acrobat app on my iPad  and now any word doc on my iPad will only open in acrobat and not in word so i cannot edit them!!! It's really infuriating and i need to edit documents for class. Can you please let me know how i can fix this i cannot find anything in settings. 

I would really appreciate if you could let me know 

Thanks 

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Need to stop word docs automatically opening in acrobat app on iPad

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

I accidentally opened a word doc from an email in the acrobat app on my iPad  and now any word doc on my iPad will only open in acrobat and not in word so i cannot edit them!!! It's really infuriating and i need to edit documents for class. Can you please let me know how i can fix this i cannot find anything in settings. 

I would really appreciate if you could let me know 

Thanks 

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 11, 2020 0
ls_rbls LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Readjust the file association for the word documents.

Long press on a word document icon and select which app to open it with. 

By default Safar is the PDF owner  and viewer as well as for many other file types. And there is no way to change the default handler in iOS devices.

It seems that somehow you've selected the wrong file association to handle .docx files if you were using Pages, for example.

Were you also using Google Drive by any chance?

Some bugs have been reported in this regard since 2017 in the Apple support forums.

So again, have you try to open the same  MS Word documents in Pages?

Re-check in Export Your Document, if when you  selected  the Word tab, that the format is associated with .docx extension and not .pdf

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 17, 2020 0