Highlighted

Notes and highlights disappeared after reopening the file on the iPad Adobe Reader app

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I opened a new PDF document using the Adobe Reader app for iPad (latest version). I spent the entire morning annotating the file (with the freehand tool, highlights and balloon notes). Mobile link was on. I tapped "Done" before closing the app. Now, in the evening of the same day, when I returned to finish reviewing the document, to my surprise and despair, all the notes have disappeared. I am pretty sure I did not delete the newer version of the file in any way. I simply closed the app, and when I reopened it all my work was gone. Is there a way to revert to a previous version of the document? I logged in to Acrobat.com on the desktop and the file is there (sync'ed via Mobile link), but only the version without the annotations. Help!!!! One can't loose hours of work this way!

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Notes and highlights disappeared after reopening the file on the iPad Adobe Reader app

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I opened a new PDF document using the Adobe Reader app for iPad (latest version). I spent the entire morning annotating the file (with the freehand tool, highlights and balloon notes). Mobile link was on. I tapped "Done" before closing the app. Now, in the evening of the same day, when I returned to finish reviewing the document, to my surprise and despair, all the notes have disappeared. I am pretty sure I did not delete the newer version of the file in any way. I simply closed the app, and when I reopened it all my work was gone. Is there a way to revert to a previous version of the document? I logged in to Acrobat.com on the desktop and the file is there (sync'ed via Mobile link), but only the version without the annotations. Help!!!! One can't loose hours of work this way!

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 20, 2015 1
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fabio Costa,

I Understand your frustration, and we regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

However i would like to know certain things, in order to assist you more accurately:

• Are you connected to the Internet on your iPad?
  • Are you able to see any other document files saved on the Acrobat server, using 'Acrobat.com' pane on your iPad device?

I tried to replicate the same on my iPad device but everything is working fine at my end.

I would recommend you to try signing out and sign-in back in your reader application.

Regards,

Rahul Tyagi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2015 2
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Rahul,

Thanks for the prompt reply. A fortunate new fact, and perhaps a bug in the software.

Always using the iPad version of Adobe Reader, but looking for the file in the Documents folder (instead of in the Recents folder) the version with all the notes was there. It seems that Reader was keeping two versions of the document, the current one in the Documents folder, and an older one (or maybe one with all the notes stripped out or hidden) in the Recents folder, as strange as this may sound. I also looked at the Acrobat.com folder, and couldn't find the document there. Mobile link was "on" all the time.

Fortunately, anyway, I had my notes back and could resume work from the point I stopped Friday morning.

Regards,

Fabio

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fabio Costa,

You're Welcome!

I am glad that you figured that out and could resume back your work.

Regards,

Rahul Tyagi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i highlighted some texts and created make up notes on a document on Adobe reader app on android tablet . Mobile link is on. Now when I access that same document on iPad , those highlights and comments are not showing up. Please help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 05, 2015 1
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find my highlighted text and annotations made yesterday on document when I opened doc today.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 05, 2015 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the current android app. My document froze--I couldn't scroll or highlight--so I just left it alone for a couple minutes and went to the restroom. When I got back, the document had closed itself and when I re-opened it, the highlights from the last 5 hours had all been deleted (highlights and notes from over 6 hours ago remain). The same amount of highlights shows up when I open the document on my laptop.

Is there any way to recover the highlights that closed out for some reason? Is there anything analagous to when the desktop program crashes and it offers a recovery file of what was open?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you solve the problem? I'm in the same situation now...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2018 1
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cecilia,

This may not help you but just realized I was losing my highlights because I was viewing documents in the Sepia color (instead of black or white).  So my highlights weren’t gone, they were just too close to the viewing color to see.

-k

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2018 1
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mohammad alsharari

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 0