• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open source dictionary?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to integrate an open source dictionary like Colordict? That way I don't have to leave the app if I need to look up obscure word. When you long-press a word and the dialog box comes with copy, highlight, etc you could add dictionary. Upon pressing dictionary, the preinstalled ColorDict comes up with the definition.

The beauty about ColorDict is you can preinstall plugins into it for other languages as well as etymologies. I don't know if I can name here, but I am a long time user of a different reading app which uses this. The app is great, but what made me change was that it kept Annotations in separate files when working with PDFs. Then I discovered Adobe Android app and realised that it's really awesome! Really like the reflow, simplicity, etc. But the dictionary is badly needed.

Thanks everyone!

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Daithí,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We appreciate your feedback.

Currently, there is no option to integrate the dictionary in the application.

You can share your feedback on the same over here Feature Request/Bug Report Form 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Daithí,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We appreciate your feedback.

Currently, there is no option to integrate the dictionary in the application.

You can share your feedback on the same over here Feature Request/Bug Report Form 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines