Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening files (iOS)

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

Having an issue with opening files stored in my OneDrive with Adobe Reader on iOS.

When in OneDrive, I have a file that is quite big (80MB) so I've cached an offline copy of it as I don't want to download it over the cell network every time I go to use it.

The "Open in another app" feature in OneDrive calls up the selector tray at the bottom, where "Copy to Adobe Reader" is the listed option.  Unfortunately, this causes a duplicate of the file to be created each time I open the file through OneDrive.  Why?

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader needs the copy. Otherwise it can't open the file.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader needs the copy. Otherwise it can't open the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I highly doubt that.  I see reason OneDrive can't load the file into memory and let Adobe Reader do its thing with it.

It's absurd that OneDrive has to push a new copy of the file into Adobe Reader every time I open it.  Who thinks having multiple copies of the same 80MB PDF is a good idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a rule of iOS that each app has its own files. They cannot use the same file. Sending a file is not a way of sharing the same file but it does indeed send a new copy each time. Apple made it that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines