• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Password Protected Documents

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this last Apple update, I am unable to open password protected documents.  This has happened during prior Apple updates, also.  Any word on an Adobe update?    Thanks.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They generally don't announce updates too far in advance.

What exactly is happening? How are you trying to open the pdf? Can you give us a screen shot of any error or messages you get when you try and use the password? Is the password protected pdf opening in Reader or during the Apple update, did Apple set your default pdf viewer back to Mac Preview?

I'm just asking these because we haven't really seen any Apple update related problems yet so at this point, it may or may not be a Reader issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's our paystubs and this same thing happened a couple of updates ago, but was fixed.   It either says the file is corrupt or it will repeatedly put the password field back on the screen, not opening the document.  This is on an iPhone 6s plus with the most recent apple update.  I've restarted and that didn't help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Didn't realize you were talking about a phone instead of a workstation. Please ask your question in the forum for devices. Here is the link: Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear ruthanns24827205,

Thank you for reporting the issue. Please confirm if you are providing the correct password. You can try this by opening the file in any other environment. Once this is ruled out that the password is correct, please confirm if password contained any special characters.

Have you protected the file using password protection through Acrobat ?

Please mention how you protected the file and the os version where you see the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to open a scan doc n it ask for document password. What is this password. When i register it did not ask me to enter password

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add, pl advise where to find the doc password to enable me to open my pdf doc thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Haydeel,

As the application prompt for the password when you open a scanned file, it seems the file is secured with the password.

Could you please let us know if you have created the PDF or you have received it from some other location?

If you have received the file, then you need to ask the PDF creator to share the password.

Let us know if you have a different issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines