• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF are only partially displayed

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either way I try to open a PDF created by Schmea ST 4 (that open correctly on Acrobat in Windows or macOS), they are not displayed correctly on iOS (iPad or iPhone). Only the first page is shown. Opening them from Dropbox or any server (FTP) does not make a difference until I export them as PDF again but without the bookmarks.

PDF created with Indesign work fine on all platforms though.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without a sample file it is virtually impossible for us to assist. Post a sample with a link and we'll try to see what the issue is.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dov,

thanks for getting back to me so fast - on a weekend!

The PDF was uploaded to a FTP server and then downloaded via Transmit and opened in Acrobat on macOS:

Screenshot 2017-08-20 08.58.18.png

The same file downloaded from the server in Transmit for iOS looks like this:

IMG_0011.PNG

And then opened in Acrobat (iOS) on the iPad look like this (always the same page 37):

IMG_0010.PNG

The first page, however, is displayed correctly. The rest is blank, although all page numbers are shown.

Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely believe that you see what you are reporting. But if we don't have a file to reproduce the problem with and examine what is causing the problem, we can't diagnose and fix it. 

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for keeping you waiting: can I come back to you in two weeks when I get home? I'm currently on vacation and cannot reach the server to publish a demo (I do not want to send the original files as these are from a customer (NDA)).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, Dov!

Sorry for keeping you waiting, but I got a brandnew PDF yesterday, produced with the CMS "Schema ST4" (newest version) - and it shows the same symptoms: looking perfect in Adobe Acrobat on the Mac, but displaying only blank pages when opened with Adobe Reader on iOS.

Instead of attaching the PDF, I would prefer to send you a Dropbox link in a private message (the contents of this PDF is confidential technical information).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please send me such a link via PM. And we will certainly maintain the confidentiality of your file.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did already by using the link above. So something must have happened to your inbox some hours ago. If not, how can I reach you? My email address is [personal information removed by moderator]

TIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the file. Responded above before checking PMs. Will check it out and get back to you.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. File displays with no problems on Acrobat on Windows, but none of the file displays at all on iOS as you found. In other words, I can duplicate what you see.

I've run all our diagnostics against the file (especially those in Acrobat Preflight) and there are no issues diagnosed.

I'll pass the file over to our Acrobat Mobile team for their analysis, but you definitely found a real problem.

Back to you when I have more information.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dov Isaacs,

I have the same problem.

And I can try help you to duplicate that problem.

- Wellington

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines