• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF created on MacBook cannot be opened on iPad

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Canadian citizenship documents saved on my MacBook Pro using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. I have saved them to Adobe cloud and also emailed them to myself. Either way, I cannot open them on my iPad (6th gen) in the newly installed Adobe Acrobat Reader version 18 12 00. Every time I click to open the document a pop up message says “This form requires Adobe Acrobat DC for Mac or windows”

How can I get past this?? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no change.

Thanks.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't use XFA forms in Acrobat Reader on mobile devices.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't use XFA forms in Acrobat Reader on mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s good to know, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know perhaps, but that still doesn't help.  Is there a way that from my MacBook and Reader DC that I can save the file to a format that I can then open on my ipad (I've got the same problem) in order to add a signature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

What you are willing to achieve would still be not possible. As XFA files have there set parameters which cannot be changes. Hence, it won't be allowed to open on Mobile app, as its not/wont supported. 

To know about XFA file, please read this help article: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/pdf-won-t-display-please-wait/td-p/4788543 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines