• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pdf file error

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting a week ago, I am no longer able to open pdf files on either iPhone or iPad through files of Microsoft One Drive or Files. I am only able to open them within Adobe Acrobat. All IOS systems are updated and the problem continues. "The file cannot be displayed. Sorry there was a problem opening the viewer" is the exact error. I am able to open Adobe Acrobat and the same file opens just fine. Any clues.

TOPICS
iOS , View or share PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the files are opening fine with the Adobe Reader mobile app, then there's really not a problem with the Adobe mobile app.

Your inquiry is directly asking about a specific feature of the mobile device that you own and a Microsoft cloud service integration.

You should consult guidance with Apple  and Microsoft directly.

Other than that, is to consider the fact that sometime iOS and macOS , to include Micrososft family of newer operating aystems, do have a tendency of reverting back to their own default PDF handlers/viewers.

If that would be the case, I would recommend to check if there is a way for you to reset preferences and make Adobe Reader app the default PDF viewer.

Since the file viewer in iOS is also a browser, you may want to check if this could be related to how the PDF are trying to open by default: on the web browser or downloaded and then automatically opening in a default PDF handler other than the Adobe Reader.

If you suspect that the Adobe Reader Mobile app is the causing that functionality to break see  one of the links that I posted for anothet iOS user here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-mobile/share-functionality-has-disappeared-on-intune-m... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. Some pdf files open, some do not. Started recently. For years it worked well. Looks like onedrive for ipad cannot download some pdf files before opening them with the viewer. I tried using the Acrobat reader and it does not work. Weeks trying to resolve this. No problem in android or windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines