PDF restrictions

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created one PDF file with full restrictions like preventing editing , copying text etc ( except password security to open PDF file). As per the requirement it works well with my laptop , Acrobat reader on my mobile also. But if I open same file with some other PDF viewer on mobile, I am able to copy content of PDF. How to restrict this and please give me instruction. Please send me reply asap.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2017
AkanchhaS Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2017
Hi Fairunnishap, We understand your concern related to the document's security. But the security settings applied to the document using Adobe Acrobat/Reader my would not applicable to other PDF viewer app. It differs to other PDF supported software. There isn't much changes or security that can be applied or suggested. For advanced level security, you can refer to the Adobe's another application Adobe Experience Manager- Adobe Experience Manager Help | Document security offerings Regards,Akanchh...

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fairunnishap,

We understand your concern related to the document's security. But the security settings applied to the document using Adobe Acrobat/Reader my would not applicable to other PDF viewer app. It differs to other PDF supported software.

There isn't much changes or security that can be applied or suggested.

For advanced level security, you can refer to the Adobe's another application Adobe Experience Manager- Adobe Experience Manager Help | Document security offerings

Regards,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akancha,

Thank you so much for your reply. You said security settings applied to the document using Adobe Acrobat/Reader may not applicable to other PDF viewer app.  Then there is no sense of using security settings, because when I am sharing a document to group of people (which I dont want them to copy the content of that PDF file) , I cant assure which PDF Viewer app they are actually using. If I apply security policy, So those who are using Adobe Acrobat app will not be able to copy content but those who are using other PDF viewer will be able to copy the content which is really unfair for me.

I am requesting Adobe team to find out the proper solution for this problem.

Anyway I found solution for myself and my PDF files are fully secured, so one able to copy content from my PDF file even using other PDF viewer.

I am doing it in different cycle ,But hope you can implement same concept with minimal step.

Thank you,

Fairunnisha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines