• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDFs slow to render on ipad pro

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a large construction project which uses large PDFs for floor layouts. The drawings are so slow to render in Acrobat Reader on iPad Pro that it is unusable. I have resorted to opening and editing the files in OneDrive, which renders them near instantly. I'd much rather use the tool I am paying loads of money for though!  

I have spoken to others on the design team who have said the same thing and have resorted to other brands of pdf editors. 

Is anyone able to offer any nuggets of wisdom before I head off and do the same?

Thanks

TOPICS
Comment markup and annotate , iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - 

We do track performance of the Acrobat iOS product and we find that some files are "outliers" in how they perform. Would love to get a sample from you, along with the specific iPad Pro you are using. If you could message me privately with a sample file and details about the device, that would be really helpful.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
I have exactly the same problem. When I open some newspapers (or other files that are 30-60mb), the rendering of a single page is really bad and laggy. First I see background image loading, then some other layers and finally text. It happens mostly on the startup, after scrolling through 5-6 pages or skipping some pages (like going from page 5 to 23).
It's basically loading new stuff when user scrolls into the view, so I assume that there is a provlem with prerendering functionality (for better UX).
There is no such prolem with the native iPad file viewer. It loads almost all pdf data, so there is no lag and no visible loading.

I have the newest iPad Pro 2020, 12.9 inch.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - 

We've been working on improving some specific files (including a few newspapers and the one shared with me by the OP on this thread. I'll reach out to you to get a sample as well, to see if it fits into some of the issues we've been addressing.

Thanks!

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is still a big issue in 10/2021. I'm surprised it hasn't been resolved by now. All large files with images take ages to render. If you zoom in or out, the whole process starts over again, which ruins the entire reading experience. Using the newest iPad Air so spech shouldn't be an issue.

Any chance of fixing this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines