Highlighted

previous page and next page buttons not working on ipad acrobat

Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys. i do thousands of these. and now they are not working. the go to next page and go to previous page button is not working on acrobat on ipad. anybody else having this issue. i am on CC2017 indesign. latest version of acrobat on the ipad.

thanks

jonathan

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

previous page and next page buttons not working on ipad acrobat

Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys. i do thousands of these. and now they are not working. the go to next page and go to previous page button is not working on acrobat on ipad. anybody else having this issue. i am on CC2017 indesign. latest version of acrobat on the ipad.

thanks

jonathan

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 29, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work on the desktop version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2018 0
Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2018 0
Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to export it again making sure there are no objects on layers above the buttons.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2018 0
Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried that, no dice, made a idml. new indesign file, re-exported. it does not work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2018 0
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am out of ideas here. i made a clear frame with just next page and previous page button. nothing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 0
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Want to share a file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 0
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in acrobat, the action is there, see below:

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 11.48.12 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 0
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have tried openning this .pdf on CC2019 and making a .pdf, still does not work

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 0
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bob, can we move this post to the acrobat forum?. this is an acrobat issue, not indesign

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 0
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Rich Media & 3D forum (which is the interactivity area of the Acrobat forums)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 0
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat on iOS doesn't have the same menus, so I wouldn't expect any "execute menu item" actions to work. Links to actual pages should work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2018 0
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but this has always worked. this just started happening this week. the button to next page and previous page has worked for years on interactive .pdf. something changed on an update.

i made a new document. did no worked. i ask somebody to share a document they made that used to work. does not work now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2018 0
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting: I would always have assumed that Execute Menu Item worked only in desktop Adobe products. It isn't any kind of standard. Looks like Adobe overlooked it, or reimplemented something on the mobile platform, which just took it away. Maybe it would be a good plan to do a different kind of link, as it would work with other viewers too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2018 0
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and how do you do a go to next and previews page than?

i make/made a lot of long documents where they want to navigate from one page to the next via buttons on the master that took them to the next of previous page. i have a lot of jobs like that. i work in a publisher house.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2018 0
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a regular link to the page that actually is next?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2018 0
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh man.. that is a lot for documents with 100 pages..lol. ok.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2018 0
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jonathan,

Have you tried any other PDF readers?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2018 0
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, we are all on acrobat and we tell clients they have to be on acrobat

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2018 0
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I recommend trying a few of the others and seeing if the PDF works. Also, try it on Android.

You can send it to me if you’d like. I’ll take a look here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2018 0
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok. but the clients will not switch from adobe acrobat. we made a big deal out of saying that we only support Adobe acrobat since that is the .pdf that best supports interactive elements created from indesign.  at least is used to..lol

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2018 0
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s a troubleshooting step. If it works on other readers you can point to a bug in Reader.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2018 0
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jonathan sent me the PDF and I can confirm it does not work in Acrobat Reader on iPad. As an additional test, I opened the file in Books and it works fine.

This is clearly an Acrobat Reader bug.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2018 0
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think they removed something in the last update. that used to work just fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2018 0
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it could be scripted. Clearly, Adobe could do this properly (generate real hyperlinks rather than a product specific Menu Item reference), maybe an InDesign feature need?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2018 0
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, this was a feature from indesign. you can make a button and have it go to next page and so on. this was all working for years. this just started this week. this is awful

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2018 0
Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2018 0