Highlighted

Printing iPad Edited Document

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I edit a pdf using the Adobe app on my iPad (eg, adding my name to a document), I am able to save the document with the edited text added to the document. But, when I go to print the document on my Canon Laser Printer, the edits do NOT show on the document.

Do I have to pay for the Premium package for such a little thing...? Thanks...

Hi rayvra​,

Thank you for sharing your PDF document and screenshots us!

You have a "flat" PDF form with no interactive form fields.  Then you added Text annotations (e.g. "California") to the PDF document in Acrobat Reader.

The problem is that you are trying to print the PDF document from the Canon Laser Printer app (not from Acrobat Reader) on your iPad. The Canon Laser Printer app does not appear to support any annotations/comments or form fields for printing.

Canon.png

Solution (a):  Print directly from Acrobat Reader (not from the Canon Laser Printer).

If you have an AirPrint-compatible printers, you can print the PDF document directly from Acrobat Reader.

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1. Open the PDF document with annotations.
  2. Tap the Share icon.
    Share_Acrobat.png
  3. Select Print...

The Printer Options dialog shows the preview of your PDF document with annotations.

Solution (b): Create a flattened copy of the PDF document and print it from the Canon Laser Printer app.

2. Tap the Share icon.
  3. Select Share File.
  4. Select "Share Flattened Copy" from the Share File dialog.
  5. Email it to yourself.
  6. Open the PDF attachment in your mail app (e.g. Apple Mail, Gmail).
  7. Open the PDF document in the Canon Laser Print app.
  8. Print.

Solution (b) is a little bit convoluted.  But it should work because Step 4 causes Acrobat to flatten the PDF document so that any other apps, such as the Canon Laser Printer app, can print flattened annotations.

Please let us know if either one of the proposed solutions works for you.

Thank you.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Printing iPad Edited Document

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I edit a pdf using the Adobe app on my iPad (eg, adding my name to a document), I am able to save the document with the edited text added to the document. But, when I go to print the document on my Canon Laser Printer, the edits do NOT show on the document.

Do I have to pay for the Premium package for such a little thing...? Thanks...

Hi rayvra​,

You have a "flat" PDF form with no interactive form fields.  Then you added Text annotations (e.g. "California") to the PDF document in Acrobat Reader.

The problem is that you are trying to print the PDF document from the Canon Laser Printer app (not from Acrobat Reader) on your iPad. The Canon Laser Printer app does not appear to support any annotations/comments or form fields for printing.

Canon.png

Solution (a):  Print directly from Acrobat Reader (not from the Canon Laser Printer).

If you have an AirPrint-compatible printers, you can print the PDF document directly from Acrobat Reader.

2. Tap the Share icon.
    Share_Acrobat.png
  3. Select Print...

The Printer Options dialog shows the preview of your PDF document with annotations.

Solution (b): Create a flattened copy of the PDF document and print it from the Canon Laser Printer app.

2. Tap the Share icon.
  3. Select Share File.
  5. Email it to yourself.
  8. Print.

Solution (b) is a little bit convoluted.  But it should work because Step 4 causes Acrobat to flatten the PDF document so that any other apps, such as the Canon Laser Printer app, can print flattened annotations.

Thank you.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 03, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

By "edit a PDF", do you mean filling out a PDF form?  You do not need a paid subscription service to fill out and print a PDF form or add comments/annotations, such as Highlight, Freehand Drawing, Sticky Notes.

Would you be willing to share your PDF document with us (Adobe)?  I've sent you a forum private message with the instructions on how to share your PDF document.

We will examine your PDF document and let you know what we find.

Thank you for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rayvra​,

Canon.png

2. Tap the Share icon.
    Share_Acrobat.png
  3. Select Print...

2. Tap the Share icon.
  3. Select Share File.
  5. Email it to yourself.
  8. Print.

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2017 2
RayVra LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Option B worked for me. Thanks for sharing with me how to do this...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2017 0