Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with downloading files from interactive pdfs

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have downloaded interactive PDF to my phone (s8+ galaxy). The PDF have links to files on ftps. When I click on different links, I can download jpegs, but when the link is to pdf file then I get the 'Error, cannot download file. Save file on local drive and then try to open it' which does not make much sense. The links to the same PDFs works perfect on desktop, other phones and tablets, just not my phone. What is wrong, is it some settings?

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi PiotrPiluch,

Looking at the information shared above, if I understand correctly the pdf files that you have downloaded in your phone have links to the files saved on ftp. You can access them through desktop but not through the mobile application Adobe Reader.

If this is the case then, this won't be possible because of security reasons. The Acrobat Reader mobile application has certain limitation than desktop application. You get the basic features to access via mobile app, It doesn't support all the functionalities that you get in the desktop application.

Mobile application would not give you the access to the ftp server directly. You need to have those file saved locally, otherwise you can access it via phone.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Akanchha

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats what i get

2018-01-25+15.51.49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi PiotrPiluch,

Looking at the information shared above, if I understand correctly the pdf files that you have downloaded in your phone have links to the files saved on ftp. You can access them through desktop but not through the mobile application Adobe Reader.

If this is the case then, this won't be possible because of security reasons. The Acrobat Reader mobile application has certain limitation than desktop application. You get the basic features to access via mobile app, It doesn't support all the functionalities that you get in the desktop application.

Mobile application would not give you the access to the ftp server directly. You need to have those file saved locally, otherwise you can access it via phone.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines