• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Unable to delete" file in iOS Acrobat

New Here ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to delete a PDF in Acrobat on my iPhone and it says it's "Unable to delete" it. What's the problem? Thanks.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MatthewHutson,

Sorry for the delay in response.

You have mentioned that you get the message "Unable to delete" when trying to delete a file.

- Do you get this message on deleting a particular PDF?

- On which location the file is saved? On this iPad, Document Cloud or other location?

- Share the exact workflow you do and the screenshot of the error message.

- What is the application and OS version on the device?

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Meenakshi,

I have the same problem as Matthew Hutson. I saved a PDF document from WhatsApp to the Files app in iCloud on my iPhone. Then I opened the document in the Files app on my iPad. I copied the document to the Acrobat app on my iPad. I am not using cloud storage on the Acrobat app. I have deleted the document in the Files app. I am unable to delete the document in the Acrobat app on the iPad. I get the error message "Unable to delete documentname.pdf". All iOS versions are 13.x.x.

Please help me delete this document from the Acrobat app on my iPad so that I may free up storage.

Thanks very much.

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have problem with message on deleting a particular PDF. 3 years I cant deleted this file , really ennoying

Meenakshi do you know how I can do it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to access and open the file with the Acrobat app?

And is the file stored locally in your phone or is it a synchronized file stored in a cloud space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is the same as SunilSh except that I downloaded a pdf file from Microsoft SharePoint to Files, then Acrobat for iOS - stored on my device only:  iPad Pro (3rd Generation), iOS 13.4.1

Files added to Acrobat on my iPad cannot be deleted. ((Unable to delete this file.")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

you may also want to review this guidance as a reference: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobat/ios/en/openfiles.html#dropbox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your files are already deleted. You're trying to delete files from the recent documents. Can you open them? No...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issue on my iPad, particularly with financial statements. I finally was able to delete using the iPad Files programs. Open files located the problem files which I found in the chrome folder not the adobe folder highlighted the file by holding on the file icon, went to the bottom of pop up list, deleted. 
I then had to go to recently deleted files and again delete from there.

files are finally gone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My time doing a peace of art in colourful way was good to make the over
load of loseing my game on drugs a start of something new in to pronoun my
time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!!!  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Jack2655772879x2 

Thank you for writing in!

Do you mind sharing in brief of the issue / question you have for a better understanding and assistance?

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Adobe sure has it's share of bugs. Completely dumb ass bug if you ask me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DVH_1,

Sorry for the trouble. Would you mind sharing a few screenshots of the error you see or a screen recording of the issue for better understanding and assistance?

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines