• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: The document cannot be opened because it is corrupted or damaged

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the the Adobe Acrobat version 18.03.31 installed on my iPad Pro with 11.4.1 iOS version and I get the same error message.

RGalman

TOPICS
iOS , View or share PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Edl,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As you are not able to open the PDFs in Adobe Acrobat Reader on iPad, please make sure that the application is updated to the recent version available on App Store i.e. 18.10.02.

If you have not already updated the application, update the application.

Then check if you still experiencing the issue when opening the PDFs.

If the issue resolved after the update, please let us know.

Also, inform us if the issue persists with the latest version.

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RGalman,

As you received the error message when you try to open the PDF, is it an issue with a particular PDF?

If yes, then it seems that the file got corrupted due to some reasons. In that case, there is nothing much that can be done from our end.

Could you please let us know where the file was saved on your device?

Did you receive this file as an attachment to an email?

Did you try to open that PDF on your desktop?

If not, please try and check if you receive the same error message.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's the file. The file can be opened in my computer and also can be opened by any other PDF viewers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Could you please share the PDF with us? We would like to check it once on our end.

You can share the file either here in the forum reply or in a private message. Use the steps mentioned here How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud to share the file.

To initiate the private message, take hep of the steps mentioned here How Do I Send Private Message.

What is the current version of the application?

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you manage to resolve this? I have the same issue. Every PDF opens fine in Microsoft Teams for iPad or Outlook for iPad but when I share to acrobat I get this same error.

i have the latest releas, I have uninstalle, reinstalled restarted my iPad Pro but still the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Edl,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As you are not able to open the PDFs in Adobe Acrobat Reader on iPad, please make sure that the application is updated to the recent version available on App Store i.e. 18.10.02.

If you have not already updated the application, update the application.

Then check if you still experiencing the issue when opening the PDFs.

If the issue resolved after the update, please let us know.

Also, inform us if the issue persists with the latest version.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, I com open it on my laptop and open it on my phone from a Yahoo email but if I save it to the Adobe reader file it will not open, comes up with the same error message, I have sent it twice to email and saved to file but still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use version 20.07.00 and having this same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am constantly been getting an error message when I am trying to open documents on Adobe Reader.

My App is updated with the latest version.  The error is:

The document can not be opened because it is corrupted or damaged.

The files I am downloading are off buyagift.  It works on my partners phone by not mines.

Can I please have se assistance to get this resolved. 

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem on my android phone when i tried to download and open pdf files. What I did was to go to the desktop version of the website i downloaded the pdf and tried to download it in the desktop version. When trying open the pdf file it asked me which pdf reader i want to use to open the file I clicked adobe, it worked..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same message on my Samsung A52 with the latest download of Adobe reader. Please advise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just had this problem occur, opening a file for a second time on Google Drive using Adobe Reader on a Samsung phone. The first time worked fine. After the second time, I could not open it with Adobe, nor afterwards with any other pdf reader. 

When I checked the file details, it said the file had been modified at the exact time when I opened it with Adobe Reader the first time. 

This seems to be a bug, therefore, because Adobe Reader should not be modifying the file. I use liquid mode, which didn't work on this file, but that should create a copy not modify the original file. 

For the time being, I've uninstalled Adobe Reader because I don't want any other files to be corrupted. I shall have to find a backup of this file that has been corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does this discussion say it is "solved" when it clearly isn't?  And I am now getting exactly the same problem - and it is not actually a corrupted file.  It is doing the same thing to different versions of same underlying document, including from different sources where the file was copied long ago and has opened just fine since.  And it is doing it to a whole bunch of documents.  And it is doing it on two different iPads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It started with the update of 4/2/2023. My pdfs won't open in iPhone or iPad but DO OPEN ON MY DESKTOP! It's a horrible update I think.

Adobe needs to FIX THIS ASAP!!!! Or I'm cancelling my Adobe subscription!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MalcolmAnExpert @uapilot,

Sorry for your experience 😞

As you mentioned that the issue appeared to post the update on the 02nd of April, would you mind sharing a sample file with us to reproduce the issue and get it investigated further?

This would help us understand and get to a fix quickly.

Also, a screenshot of the error you see would be great.

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s on two very large files. I’ve included Dropbox links to each of them.

Both of these files worked flawlessly on my iPad and iPhone up until the iOS Acrobat Reader app was update on 4-4-2023. Both of these files are files I made in Acrobat Pro on my desktop.

These files DO WORK without an error message on my Desktop and Laptop MacOS versions of Acrobat Pro. They also DO OPEN on every other app that can open pdfs. Clearly they are not corrupted or damaged at all.

<>
1965-72 Ford Car Parts-Access._UNLCKD.pdf<>
dropbox.com<>
[dropbox_webclip_152_vis.png]<>

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7lrkrnfjvtkd3z/Mustang%20%26%20Ford%20Small%20Block%20V8%201962-1969%20HI...

This is the Error Message I get:
[image0.png]

I use both of these files on my laptop for my work and need them to actually open on my iPad and iPhone like they did before 4-4-2023.

I need this corrected ASAP.
David Wright

Sent from Dave's iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah...how about we do this with email vice my posting possibly personal info ON A PUBLIC FORUM. [removed] I respond to your email with email and it actually posts on a public forum [removed]! 🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah...how about we do this with email vice my posting possibly personal info ON A PUBLIC FORUM. [removed] I respond to your email with email and it actually posts on a public forum [removed]! 🙄

By @uapilot

Hi uapilot,

Any emails that you receive are automatic emails generated by the forum software and replies to those generated emails are posted in the forums. Your replies do not go to individuals.

Attachments are automatically deleted by the forum software. I see a reference to a png, but the image did not come through. You need to reply through the forum interface if you want to include attachments.

I just reviewed your posts and don't see any phone numbers, email addresses, or weblinks. Moderators usually remove those right away for your protection on a public forum. I do see your full name on one post. If that's what you are talking about, then let us know so we can remove it. You can tag me by typing @ and then my user name.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too and it is costing me time (and money) trying to sort it.

The file works fine on Acrobat on my laptop. It transfers up to Adobe Cloud without issue. When I then try to open it on the iPad I get the same error message as everyone else. It can't be the file, or it wouldn't open on my laptop Acrobat. It must be an iPad thing.

Can you sort please. It is very, very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @defaultx4ppsxf9vxmq,

We are already aware of the issue, and the fix will be released in the next update.

I request your kind understanding and patience while we get the fix implemented.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines