• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Receiving error in iOS “This document requires Acrobat reader DC for windows or Mac”

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Produced a pdf from one of our corporate programs that Aways worked in the past—- I was able to update acrobat reader on my iMac, and it opens the file now. However, there is no available app to open these new were PDF – X   Or “new” PDF files on my iPhone or iPad any longer.

So it seems that Adobe came out with a newer, possibly more secure version of the PDF file, but it is useless because I cannot open it on my mobile devices.

I would hope that you are going to tell me that there is going to soon be a new Adobe acrobat reader DC app available in the App Store that cost less than $14 a month i.e. free.

Please help. the renaming thing doesn’t do anything either.

thanks!

gregg

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cinemagic​,

Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad displays the following dialog, if you try to open one of the special type of forms called static or dynamic XFA forms that are authored with Adobe LiveCycle Designer.

XFAForm.png

Acrobat Reader mobile apps for iOS and Android support only regular PDF forms (a.k.a. "Acroforms") that are authored with Acrobat Forms tools, for example.

The alert above is intended to remind the users to use the desktop version of Acrobat Reader on a Mac or Windows computer/laptop to view and fill out the static or dynamic XFA form.

The following blog was posted on April 2014.  But it still remains relevant to this date.

Adobe Reader Mobile and XFA forms from LiveCycle Designer | Adobe LiveCycle Blog

Sorry for the inconvenience.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cinemagic​,

Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad displays the following dialog, if you try to open one of the special type of forms called static or dynamic XFA forms that are authored with Adobe LiveCycle Designer.

XFAForm.png

Acrobat Reader mobile apps for iOS and Android support only regular PDF forms (a.k.a. "Acroforms") that are authored with Acrobat Forms tools, for example.

The alert above is intended to remind the users to use the desktop version of Acrobat Reader on a Mac or Windows computer/laptop to view and fill out the static or dynamic XFA form.

The following blog was posted on April 2014.  But it still remains relevant to this date.

Adobe Reader Mobile and XFA forms from LiveCycle Designer | Adobe LiveCycle Blog

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines