Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Samsung Galaxy - Save As

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fillable pdf I created on my Galaxy.  I would like to fill it out

then save it as a different file name, so that the origional pdf is kept clear.

Hints?  Comments?  Suggestions?

V/R

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Adobe Fill & Sign application is a standalone application. It does not require any sign-in.

If you open a PDF form in Adobe Acrobat Reader for mobile and click on Fill & Sign, it will open the form in Fill & Sign application.

After filling and adding the signature to the form, it will save a copy of the filled form in Filll & Sign application.

The changes will not reflect in the PDF on Reader.

If there are already form fields applied to the PDF form, then you can fill the form in Reader itself.

You will just need to click on the fields and fill in the information. That will save the changes to same PDF form.

Either, you are filling the form in the Reader itself or you might be checking the PDF in the Fill & Sign application.

That is why you are able to see the changes saved in the PDF.

In Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile application, there is no "Save as"  as you get in the desktop application.

If you wish to save the file with changes with a different name, you will need to first create a duplicate of the PDF.

After that, you can fill the duplicate PDF form in the application.

In that way, you will have both the PDFs, the original and the filled one.

To create a duplicate PDF, select the file by long press on the file name from the list.

Then select three dots at the top right of the screen and select Duplicate.

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As you trying to fill the PDF form on the mobile device, you need Adobe Fill & Sign application.

You can simply open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader and select Fill & Sign from the options provided under home icon at the top left.

If the FIll& Sign app already installed on your device, it will open the PDF in that application.

If it is not installed, you will be asked to install the application.

You get an option to rename the file in the Fill & Sign application.

Any changes to the PDF in Fill & sign will not reflect in Reader application.

You can also share the PDF once you have filled the form fields.

Check if that works for you.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, tried to open pdf in Fill & Sign.  Error. Could not import document.

Did as you suggested.  Opened pdf in acrobat, then in Fill and Sign, made a few

entries, "signed" it, and I absolutely cannot find an option to Save As, or even Save.

So I closed out of the app, reopened acrobat, and the changes had been saved to the

pdf.

I had rather be able to use Adobe for this, however I tried it in Foxit PDF, and it does have

the option to save as, though the date box doesn't function properly.

Do you have to be signed in?  We want to use the form in our volunteer fire dept. as an incident

report and do not always have net access.

Maybe I am missing something.  Could you screenshot where you are finding Save As.

Really want to use adobe with this.

Any help/assistance greatly appreciated!

V/R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Adobe Fill & Sign application is a standalone application. It does not require any sign-in.

If you open a PDF form in Adobe Acrobat Reader for mobile and click on Fill & Sign, it will open the form in Fill & Sign application.

After filling and adding the signature to the form, it will save a copy of the filled form in Filll & Sign application.

The changes will not reflect in the PDF on Reader.

If there are already form fields applied to the PDF form, then you can fill the form in Reader itself.

You will just need to click on the fields and fill in the information. That will save the changes to same PDF form.

Either, you are filling the form in the Reader itself or you might be checking the PDF in the Fill & Sign application.

That is why you are able to see the changes saved in the PDF.

In Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile application, there is no "Save as"  as you get in the desktop application.

If you wish to save the file with changes with a different name, you will need to first create a duplicate of the PDF.

After that, you can fill the duplicate PDF form in the application.

In that way, you will have both the PDFs, the original and the filled one.

To create a duplicate PDF, select the file by long press on the file name from the list.

Then select three dots at the top right of the screen and select Duplicate.

Hope the information helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines