• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving a Completed filled form as new file on ios (ipad)

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a form that is required to be filled out by new members. I want this to be done on an iPad. I have the form prepared and the customer can fill it out however when it comes to saving this file as a new file everything falls down.

I want to save this altered (filled out) form as a new file with a new name and leave the original intact to be used again to create more filled out forms.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am a bit confused what is the question? I have only the understand of the details in the writting. what are you having the actual difficulties in. can you please sure the main issue.  thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the Mobile Reader does not provide an easy way to do this.

Have you looked at PDF Expert from Reasddle. I know they allow form fields to be used in the form name on submit. Not sure about a form save name. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a complicated way to do this?

To explain again this issue. I have created a form that is being required to be filled out. This form utilising Adobe Acrobat is now able to be filled out digitally. Brilliant. Now I am looking for a way through Acrobat or otherwise to open the template, have someone fill in their details and signature, save a flattened copy of this file while keeping the template untouched to be used again for subsequent people to fill out. Google drive almost completes the task of opening the PDF file, creating a new file to save (i.e "save as") however doesnt have the capability to have someone provide a digital signature.

I have had a look at PDF Expert however when saving a copied filed, 'flattened' with a signature it doesnt remove the signature from the original file which is a security concern. Also the software crashes often.

Any help would be appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a complicated way to do this, which is to submit the form to a server script that performs the required actions. To do this you'll also need a PDF library and development expertise to create the server script. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines