Highlighted

Saving a Fillable PDF under a different name on a tablet

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I created a fillable PDF on my desktop and downloaded it onto a tablet. I wanted to be able to open the fillable PDF on the tablet, enter what is needed and then save it under a different name to send via e-mail. However, I was unable to figure out how to save it under a different name so that the original PDF would remain as is.

Is this possible on a tablet?

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Saving a Fillable PDF under a different name on a tablet

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I created a fillable PDF on my desktop and downloaded it onto a tablet. I wanted to be able to open the fillable PDF on the tablet, enter what is needed and then save it under a different name to send via e-mail. However, I was unable to figure out how to save it under a different name so that the original PDF would remain as is.

Is this possible on a tablet?

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 05, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy the form, change the name of the copy, open the copy, and fill it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you copy a form in Adobe? I clicked on the PDF and held it down until it was selected, but I did not see a button to copy the form anywhere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the help of Acrobat Reader.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no section in help that describes how to copy a file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ericr,

Sorry for the delay in response.

For Android, you get an option to duplicate only the files that are saved on your device.

Open the application and go to Local.

Select the PDF from the list by clicking and hold.

Then go to three dots at top right.Click on it and select Duplicate.

Once the file is duplicated, you can rename the file and fill it.

If the file is not saved on your device, please refer the steps mentioned in this link Acrobat Reader Help for Android: Managing files and folders under "Saving files locally" to save file on your device.

Let us know if you have any question or need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2018 1