• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving

New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After editing a PDF document (underlying or highlighting words) I can not save the changes. I have an adobe acrobat account and the document isuploaded to the document cloud, still, after exiting the document I was working on, the changes aren't automatically saved nor to the cloud or the tablet (I am using adobe reader on android). Is there any chance to be able to save the changes locally, to the sd card of the tablet with a SAVE button, or how should I proceed? Thank you!

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The save feature is actually done through the print option. When you are done with your changes or otherwise just want to save any pdf to a local folder on the device you are using, from the front of the document... (no tools open, just the document itself. You must first back out of any open tool like comments, edit, organize pages, sign & send etc etc... !remember to always use the checkmark feature for each tool instead of just "backing out" if you used that tool to make a change to your document and want to save that work!) ... the top right corner of the screen there are (3) vertices dots, click the dots and select the Print option. Even if you do not have a printer or any type of printing services setup, its ok. You can still use this print feature. From the print page, you must "select a new printer" called "Save As PDF" (yes, I know the document is already a PDF. I don't know why Adobe would set up their save feature this way, let alone name it what it already is. One of hundreds of things Adobe does that leaves you scratching your head). Now that the "printer" has been changed to "save as PDF", click the print button. You will now have the option to save your updated PDF document to a local folder on your handheld device. I'd Highly recommend creating a specific folder for all of these PDF's to be saved in one location and then, from that folder, you can move the document to any other folder, as necessary, from within your internal file management app.

UPDATE: For clarity, please note there is a considerable difference between saving your work within a tool to the document and saving the entire document itself to your device. Think of each tool you use (and all changes you made using that tool) as a (tool) "session" that adds a (change) "layer" to the original document you started with. For example, if you open a pdf document and use the comments tool to add a text box, you are now within a new "session" to add a new "layer" to that document and all the changes you've made, IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THE CHANGE LAYER YOU'VE ADDED DURING THAT TOOL SESSION, must be "CONFIRMED" before you exit that particular tool session or you will lose your new layer of changes. To confirm you want to keep the new layer of changes you made, click the Check Mark at the top right corner of the screen (this is for android, i don't use iOS so i cannot confirm the "confirm" feature location for iOS, sorry). The new layer is now saved in that particular document AT THE DOCUMENT LEVEL ONLY. You still must use the print feature and "save as PDF", as stated above in my original post, in order to save the document itself to your device. Or, if you need to make more changes before you save the document to your device, you can open another tool (session) to make another change (layer) and, again, confirm those changes to by clicking the check mark.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Turacr2017,

As mentioned that you are using Adobe Acrobat DC mobile app and working on Android device. So the changes that you apply to the document should be saved automatically after clicking on (Check icon).. But if it is not happening then you must try with different file and see if the same situation.

I believe you are following the exact same steps suggested in help document- Acrobat Reader Help for Android: Annotating Pages

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you save annotations to a document?  I am using Adobe reader on an Android 5.1.1 device.

I can't find a save option anywhere.  If I close the document and re-open, the comments are not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The save feature is actually done through the print option. When you are done with your changes or otherwise just want to save any pdf to a local folder on the device you are using, from the front of the document... (no tools open, just the document itself. You must first back out of any open tool like comments, edit, organize pages, sign & send etc etc... !remember to always use the checkmark feature for each tool instead of just "backing out" if you used that tool to make a change to your document and want to save that work!) ... the top right corner of the screen there are (3) vertices dots, click the dots and select the Print option. Even if you do not have a printer or any type of printing services setup, its ok. You can still use this print feature. From the print page, you must "select a new printer" called "Save As PDF" (yes, I know the document is already a PDF. I don't know why Adobe would set up their save feature this way, let alone name it what it already is. One of hundreds of things Adobe does that leaves you scratching your head). Now that the "printer" has been changed to "save as PDF", click the print button. You will now have the option to save your updated PDF document to a local folder on your handheld device. I'd Highly recommend creating a specific folder for all of these PDF's to be saved in one location and then, from that folder, you can move the document to any other folder, as necessary, from within your internal file management app.

UPDATE: For clarity, please note there is a considerable difference between saving your work within a tool to the document and saving the entire document itself to your device. Think of each tool you use (and all changes you made using that tool) as a (tool) "session" that adds a (change) "layer" to the original document you started with. For example, if you open a pdf document and use the comments tool to add a text box, you are now within a new "session" to add a new "layer" to that document and all the changes you've made, IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THE CHANGE LAYER YOU'VE ADDED DURING THAT TOOL SESSION, must be "CONFIRMED" before you exit that particular tool session or you will lose your new layer of changes. To confirm you want to keep the new layer of changes you made, click the Check Mark at the top right corner of the screen (this is for android, i don't use iOS so i cannot confirm the "confirm" feature location for iOS, sorry). The new layer is now saved in that particular document AT THE DOCUMENT LEVEL ONLY. You still must use the print feature and "save as PDF", as stated above in my original post, in order to save the document itself to your device. Or, if you need to make more changes before you save the document to your device, you can open another tool (session) to make another change (layer) and, again, confirm those changes to by clicking the check mark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this question is answered below!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the most preposterous way to save a document. It used to save automatically. Now things went to worst. I'll be looking for different app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines