Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search feature doesn't work with Arabic Language

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I checked the forum before posting and I noticed that one member has addressed this issue before, but it's still unresolved. I'm using the latest version of Adobe Acrobat reader on iOS 10, everything works flawlessly, but as the title suggests, the search feature doesn't work when dealing with Arabic text, it always returns "not found." When copying a word from the PDF file and pasting in it the search bar, it appears backwards, when I perform the search again using that word (backwards) I get results as usual. Is there any workaround? or should I wait for future updates?

Thank you.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Marhaba Modar,

Acrobat Reader on iOS is able to search and find Arabic words in a PDF in a funny way some times.

First I must mention that not all PDF are created equally, it depends on the Arabic font used within the PDF, and the application that generated the PDF. Then even with supportive fonts and good Adobe application like InDesign, I was only able to search for a word if I spell backward for instance I'm searching for في I typed يف in the search field… try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines