• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting text

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got this tablet with the main purpose to be downloading and annotating journal articles. However the Adobe reader app won't let me select any text. I push and hold like I think I should but I am unable to highlight because it tells me I have no text selected.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emengdahl,

I assume that you are working on a scanned document on an image which doesn't contain the real text?

The highlight text tool can only highlight "real" text. If you have a scanned document or a document in which text was converted to outlines, you cannot use this tool.

Its not supported with the mobile app, as Acrobat Reader doesn't support the OCR. You can use the Adobe Acrobat DC desktop app.

You can share your feedback by filling the feature request form here- Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards,

Akanchha

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emengdahl,

I assume that you are working on a scanned document on an image which doesn't contain the real text?

The highlight text tool can only highlight "real" text. If you have a scanned document or a document in which text was converted to outlines, you cannot use this tool.

Its not supported with the mobile app, as Acrobat Reader doesn't support the OCR. You can use the Adobe Acrobat DC desktop app.

You can share your feedback by filling the feature request form here- Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an app which will let me highlight even on scanned documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Emengdahl,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Not sure about any third party application if that supports and whether that would helps you.  But this is currently unavailable with Acrobat Reader mobile app.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines