Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sign using Digital Certificates on iPad/iPhone

New Here ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a member of the U.S armed forces. We use adobe acrobat everyday for general memos, formal waivers, and personnel performance reports. I have been working on mobile solutions for base leadership to be able to stay connected on their phones and ipads while on the road. While traveling, they frequently need access to their computer to sign adobe documents using their digital certificates. While this feature is great on PC, there is no current solution to allow for signing documents with digital certificates. Why is this? I know there are hardware solutions on the market that will read Common Access Cards (CAC) on a mobile device (ex Thursby Software) but adobe can not like to this hardware to digitally sign documents on iOS. Are there any plans in the future for Adobe to develop this capability? If no, why not? If this capability were developed by Adobe, I know many high level leaders in the Department of Defense for the U.S. would leverage it.  I look forward to hearing back from Adobe. Additionally, I would be willing to advise/test on how best to support this type of capability if it is being considered for development or in development. Thank you for your consideration.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brock.y,

Currently, we do not have any information on adding this feature to the mobile application.

There are certain limitations for the mobile application over the desktop application.

However, we appreciate your valuable feedback on this.

Please raise a request for this feature and share your suggestions with the team using this link Adobe Acrobat for iPhone and iPad - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Certificate Signatures should be available on IPadOS / ios.

This persons post was from over 2 years ago.

It is almost 2022. This feature should be available considering many people now use IPads as their main work device. 

I bought a $2,000 12.9" iPad Pro , for work , and it's useless because I can't do certificate signatures.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES !
This feature should be available considering many people now use IPads as their main work device. 

I bought a $2,000 12.9" iPad Pro , for work , and it's useless because I can't do certificate signatures.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines