• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some problems after the update of version 18.09.13

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update of version 18.09.13 there are some problems I encountered. And some issue I can't figure it out.

First of all, I couldn't edit highlights and underlines that I did. Is there a way to edit it without deleting and doing it again? In the previous version, I can just tap and choose to edit.

Also, on some pages that I highlighted texts, I couldn't select any text on that page at all afterwards - couldn't do more highlight or underline but I still could add text box - but I can do the highlight just fine on my PC after I exported the file to PC.

Another question is that I can't use a simple 'tap-and-hold' to add a text box as I used to in the previous version anymore. Is it not available anymore or do I need to change some settings to be able to use that feature again?

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ken,

Sorry for the delay in response.

There was never an option to edit the highlights and underlines. You can only delete them.

However, you always get an option to edit the note added to the highlight or underline text.

When you tap the comment that you wish to edit, a comment box will pop-up.

Click on the three dots provided on that comment window and select edit note.

Then you will be able to edit the text in it.

With the new update, we have changed the gesture for highlighting text from drag to long press-and-drag.

Here are the steps to highlight a text:

- Tap on the commenting tools button to get to the commenting mode.

- Tap on the highlight button.

- Long press on the beginning of the text you want to highlight until a magnifying glass appears

- Drag the sentence to highlight the rest of your text.

Alternatively, if you do not have the commenting mode active, you can also long press on a word, and commenting options will appear for you, including highlight.

The option to tap and hold to add text box is not available in the latest version.

You will need to manually select the add text tool from the comment toolbar at the top.

Then you can tap anywhere on the PDF and add text on the PDF.

Hope that helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ken,

Sorry for the delay in response.

There was never an option to edit the highlights and underlines. You can only delete them.

However, you always get an option to edit the note added to the highlight or underline text.

When you tap the comment that you wish to edit, a comment box will pop-up.

Click on the three dots provided on that comment window and select edit note.

Then you will be able to edit the text in it.

With the new update, we have changed the gesture for highlighting text from drag to long press-and-drag.

Here are the steps to highlight a text:

- Tap on the commenting tools button to get to the commenting mode.

- Tap on the highlight button.

- Long press on the beginning of the text you want to highlight until a magnifying glass appears

- Drag the sentence to highlight the rest of your text.

Alternatively, if you do not have the commenting mode active, you can also long press on a word, and commenting options will appear for you, including highlight.

The option to tap and hold to add text box is not available in the latest version.

You will need to manually select the add text tool from the comment toolbar at the top.

Then you can tap anywhere on the PDF and add text on the PDF.

Hope that helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines