Highlighted

Submit Button on Fillable PDF not working on iPad

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a fillable PDF form in Acrobat Pro DC with a "Submit" button at the end (see below).  The button is working fine on Adobe desktop applications, but is not working on iPads or iPhones using the Adobe Reader app.  Any suggestions?

Annotation 2020-01-08 110837.png

TOPICS
iOS, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Submit Button on Fillable PDF not working on iPad

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a fillable PDF form in Acrobat Pro DC with a "Submit" button at the end (see below).  The button is working fine on Adobe desktop applications, but is not working on iPads or iPhones using the Adobe Reader app.  Any suggestions?

Annotation 2020-01-08 110837.png

TOPICS
iOS, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 08, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it have an http/https URL? Don't think email can work (not recommended anyway, too flaky).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you talking about? Mailto links are quite popular, and they DO NOT work in Reader on the iPad. They work everywhere else and I've used them for years. Acrobat will not even invoke the Mail app on the iPad so the email can be created. It simply puts its own pop-up (yes, a pop-up) over the PDF and this "acrobat reader pseudo-email" has NONE of the mailto parameters added. They re-write an entirely different subject line, no addressees, no CCs, no subject, no body. Nothing. The PDF and the email body are set as attachments and the whole email is worthless and ugly at that point. What good is this in the field? Please tell me which freelance programmer sitting in his bedroom has written the app that fixes this HUGE oversight. I'm livid about this, I hit a brick wall here. Here's the code for the button that has worked for years and everywhere else.

mailto:recipient@domain.com?subject=Subject of email&body=Please review the attached PDF form. Thanks and have a great day!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2020 0