I’m a long-time user of Adobe products and I love them so much.
But in my humble opinion, the recent Adobe Acrobat Reader Android update is completely disastrous :
(1) True full screen
(2) Constant full screen, unless I tap to reveal the tools bar
(3) Search function generates full result list with previews in one go, and shows the total number of matches
(4) Bookmarking via an intuitive on-screen button
(5) Bookmark & Comment Lists accessed via an intuitive on-screen button
(6) Bookmark & Comment Lists accessed via the SAME button and can quickly toggle among the 2 lists
VS. Current Version:
(1) Now the bottom soft-keys (Back / Home / Task) can't be hidden
(2) Now when I scroll up (swipe downwards), the tools bar will always be shown
(3) Now the search function returns individual result one by one
(4) Bookmarking by going into tools bar menu and select "Add Bookmark"
(5) Bookmark & Comment Lists accessed by going into tools bar menu and select "Bookmarks" or "Comment List"
(6) Bookmark & Comment Lists now separate into 2 different tools bar items, and cannot toggle among the 2 lists (need to back out and access the tools bar menu again)
Please, I beg you Adobe, please bring back the previous version, thanks!
I completely Agree with you, specially the second point about the Tools bar appearing/disappearing every time I touch the screen to move a page or to zoom in or out, and I think this is a bit annoying.
I hope Adobe Acrobat Development Team will replace this Tools bar with something better, such as a floating button, similar to the one already present that has the option "comment" and "fill & sign".
Yes, I agree. I posted a thread with similar points. The changes to how the search function works really kill the usefulness for me. Does anyone from adobe follow these forums and can maybe respond?
Sorry for the delay in response.
We do appreciate your feedback on the recent update.
We have recently released an update 18.4.1 recently to Play Store for Android application.
Please update the application and check if that helps.
You may share your feedback on the changes occurred after the recent update with the team over here Adobe Acrobat for Android - Feature Request/Bug Report Form.
Let us know if you need any help or have any questions.
Meenakshi, what changes do the new update 18.4.1 offer to us? Does it address any of the issue above, and others which people are complaining about? Or are you just offering more of the same? At this point I have grown skeptical of your product and your company's motivations.