• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tools to insert text

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the 'Replace Text' and 'Insert Text' tools in my desktop iOS version of Reader all the time when editing PDFs, but today am trying out editing with Apple Pencil and a new iPad using Adobe Reader, and there are equivalents to those 2 tools that I can see. When I go to the Commenting options in the bar at the bottom of the iPad app, I have Comment, Highlight, Strikethrough, Underline, Draw, Sign, and a capital T icon for a tool that essentially fuctions like the 'add text comment' feature, not the 'insert text at cursor' tool, in the desktop version of reader. Someone reviewing my PDF edits would not be able to know for certain where the new text should be inserted/what is should replace. Can someone tell me how to do this?

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi AlisonMSchmidt,

Sorry for the delay in response.

The "insert text at cursor" tool is not available in the Adobe Acrobat Reader for the mobile device.

As you have used the 'insert text at cursor" tool to add the text that needs to be inserted, it will not display on the mobile application.

When you will open the PDF on the mobile application, it will show the insert text mark on the PDF.

However, the text to be added there will not display there.

For a workaround, you may use the "strikethrough the text" tool.

Strikethrough the words placed on both sides where you wish to add the text.

Then add a note for strikethrough text with the text you wish to insert along with the strikethrough text.

Check if that works for you.

If you wish you may raise a feature request for this over here Feature Request/Bug Report Form.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi AlisonMSchmidt,

Sorry for the delay in response.

The "insert text at cursor" tool is not available in the Adobe Acrobat Reader for the mobile device.

As you have used the 'insert text at cursor" tool to add the text that needs to be inserted, it will not display on the mobile application.

When you will open the PDF on the mobile application, it will show the insert text mark on the PDF.

However, the text to be added there will not display there.

For a workaround, you may use the "strikethrough the text" tool.

Strikethrough the words placed on both sides where you wish to add the text.

Then add a note for strikethrough text with the text you wish to insert along with the strikethrough text.

Check if that works for you.

If you wish you may raise a feature request for this over here Feature Request/Bug Report Form.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines