• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to highlight on mobile.

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a particular file in Document Cloud (it originated from my tablet device) whose text is unable to be highlighted from both my phone and tablet (both Android). On long press, I am only able to select from: Note, Text, Freehand, and Signature. It's a peculiar problem for the following reasons:

• I am able to highlight in another 3rd party app and on the desktop version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
  • Links work on mobile.

Normally, this issue exists if the PDF is a set of scanned images, but the above prove that it is not. Ideas?

TOPICS
Android , Comment markup and annotate , Edit and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening even if you have the mobile app updated to its latest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I am running the latest version of the app on all of my mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is odd.

Just wondering if uninstalling and reinstalling would do anything. But my main question is, is this happening with every PDF that you open in your mobile devices, and / or, if the same issue manifests when you open up the same file(s) in your full desktop version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if you can reach out to this Adobe Employee: https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/13600754

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

++

• It could be encrypted PDF as well. Encrypted PDF doesn't allow you to make changes in it on mobile. However, it does work on desktop app.
  • This is a limitation in Acrobat Reader mobile apps for iOS & Android.
  • You can also check the document properties on desktop version Open PDF>right click "Document Properties">Security and see what all have been restricted.

Sounds similar to the issue reported here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-mobile/highlighting-text-using-adobe-reader-on-ipad/td...

~Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines