• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open PDF Portfolios on iOS devices

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a number of PDF Portfolios for viewing via Apple iOS devices, which have all worked fine up until recently. Now, when I attempt to open any of these Portfolios - on iOS devices - the Adobe Acrobat Reader app just brings up a blank screen (with the name of the file at top); the only option given is "Done". I can no longer see or access any of the PDF files that comprise the Portfolio. I have reinstalled the app, but the problem persists. It all works fine on the Mac desktop apps.

As the ability to easily use this particular functionality on mobile devices is a core use requirement for me, unless I can get this sorted I'll just have to cancel my subscription to what was otherwise an excellent product. Any help would be very much appreciated.

TOPICS
Cancel subscription

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not create HTML portfolios instead?  No special PDF viewers required.  HTML can be viewed in any browser on any device.  Web based Adobe Portfolio comes free with a paid Creative Cloud membership as does Adobe Spark Page.  See links below.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our company has experienced this same issue.  We use PDF portfolios in order to maintain digital signatures after combining multiple PDF files together.  This feature worked just fine up until the last update a couple of weeks ago.  Now we too just get a blank document with the file name at the top.  I have tried to open older versions of the same document that I know for sure worked a couple of weeks ago and get the same thing.  Something changed with version 20.10.00 of the Acrobat iPad app.  I can open the same document on my windows laptop and even on my Android phone, all in Adobe Acrobat, but not on the iPad in Adobe Acrobat.  We need this issue resolved ASAP, as it is a matter of regulatory compliance for our company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There doesn't appear to be anything in the last post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ignore the spam.  It has been removed.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines