• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to print password protected PDF file from iOS device

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to print a password protected PDF from either my iPhone or iPad to my Epson ET-3760 AirPrint-enabled printer. Tapping the share then print button brings up the alert to enter the password to unlock printing. I enter the correct password, tap "OK," select the Printer Options and then tap "Print." I then get a message stating "EPSON ET-3760 Series An error occurred printing this document." The printer does wake up and I see "Printing..." on the printer's control panel, but nothing gets printed. I have also tried printing the document after transferring it to the Acrobat app, but still get the same error message and nothing gets printed. I have contacted Epson and Apple Support without any resolution. If I transfer the PDF to my computer, I have no problem printing it from there to the same printer after entering the PDF's password.

TOPICS
iOS , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem . I was able to print password protected file in my iPhone 6 earlier , but not in iPhone 11 , but by using only iprint ( not with print command) . After updating iOS version of iPhone 6 and printer , even that has gone . Any solution ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Using iOS 14.4.2

I can open and print a password protected documrnt from my laptop.

I can open the same password protected document on my iPhone.

But I cannot print it (using AirPrint)

Airprint keeps asking me to enter the password and does not go further (see picture below).

This is so lame!!!!

I am not sure however if this is Apple's fault or if this is my printer's fault (like, the printer is maybe not designed to open password protected PDFs, thus the password asking popup bouncing at this step). Really no idea what is going on there.

My printer is an HP Deskjet 2724 btw.

4EDE81A3-4137-41CA-8677-833E3F4540F8.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essentially having the same issue as yours @davidroulin. Were you able to resolve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why has this been going on for so many years and still no attention or even a courteous simple response?

Unable to print a password protected (but did not set a print password) document from my iphone but can print it from my PC laptop.

In iphone either using a web browser or pdf reader app | After entering the password to open the document | Document opens fine | Select Print | asks for a password to print | using the same password that worked to open it does not work.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @robert360634165krg,

Hope you are doing well. Thank you for writing in!

The feature you are referring to is already in the pipeline for future releases.

We request your kind understanding and patience while the team works to get this implemented.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines