• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to share a flatten copy of a PDF.

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been struggling with this for a while now, I have share a flatted copy enabled in my preferences but when ever I try email a pdf it attaches the original version that is not flattened. I'm doing this on my iPad. 

the solution is to open it up on my desktop and save it as a flattened copy or if I'm out on site, I have to import it into another app and then save it as a flattened copy. Both not ideal. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "flattened" exactly? The word is used for at least four entirely different things in PDF, many of them not very useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I sign off a check list and make comments on the document, I do this with Apple Pencil. 

the doc is 400kb initially after I mark up it could be 18mb and higher. So I email a flattened copy to the client, 1)  smaller size, normally a few mb 2) they cannot edit my notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite following, and I don't know which of the four meanings you are using. Please expand on "the solution is to open it up on my desktop and save it as a flattened copy" - what steps do you follow on your desktop to open and save a flattened copy. There is no "save a flattened copy" function in Acrobat Pro that I can see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly my point, I have to use another program.

so I use adobe to sign and fill on the iPad, then I have to export it to another app, from there I can email a copy or a flattened copy.

the function was available in previous versions, there is an option in preferences that enables you to share a flattened copy, but it doesn't attach a flatten copy on the iPad.

I have attached a image from another app, when I email the doc I have thes options 254BD8EC-674B-495E-A77B-4D9755BF6CA5.jpeg

adobe allows me to email a copy but it's the original document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have no idea what that app is or what it means by "flatten". The chances are it means a different one of the four things than the iPad app means. For the iPad app, I believe it means only "form fields are turned into regular page contents; no longer fillable, but still editable and copyable text". The problem here is the word "flatten" leads people into expectations... I think you want something else, somehow to do with annotations...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines