Highlighted

Updated iPhone, all PDF’s lost!

New Here ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few days ago I updated my Adobe Acrobat iOS app on my iPhone SE.  Of course since I needed to update my iOS to the latest version, Acrobat wouldn't open.  So, I backed up my phone on iCloud, and updated iOS.  Then Acrobat had disappeared.  I downloaded it again from the App Store cloud.  Now, all my PDFs from years are GONE!  I've gone through updates, restores from iCloud on new phones, and my acrobat PDF files are always there!  I do keep Acrobat selected on iCloud for backup, so the files should be somewhere.  In the new app, on browse locations under iCloud Drive, all it says is "0 items, 2.79GB available on iCloud".  But, there is nothing to select or click.  No access.  Well, how do I load them? How to I get to them?

help please !

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, Install update and subscribe, iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Updated iPhone, all PDF’s lost!

New Here ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few days ago I updated my Adobe Acrobat iOS app on my iPhone SE.  Of course since I needed to update my iOS to the latest version, Acrobat wouldn't open.  So, I backed up my phone on iCloud, and updated iOS.  Then Acrobat had disappeared.  I downloaded it again from the App Store cloud.  Now, all my PDFs from years are GONE!  I've gone through updates, restores from iCloud on new phones, and my acrobat PDF files are always there!  I do keep Acrobat selected on iCloud for backup, so the files should be somewhere.  In the new app, on browse locations under iCloud Drive, all it says is "0 items, 2.79GB available on iCloud".  But, there is nothing to select or click.  No access.  Well, how do I load them? How to I get to them?

help please !

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, Install update and subscribe, iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 27, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Sorry to know about the trouble caused.

When you have downloaded the Acrobat Reader mobile app again. Make sure you have signed in into the app using same email address which you used to use earlier.

• How about signing into iCloud separately? Do you see any Reader's file there?
  • Have you had anything stored/saved in document cloud storage? You may try logging into that on web https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can, restore the app. Files exist inside an app and, if deleted, are gone with it. There is no separate storage in iOS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 0