Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

updating Acrobat Reader on Android

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there at Adobe –

The Adobe Acrobat Reader on my Android mobile phone (Sony Xperia XZ) has not been able to update itself (through the Google Play Store).

Have you any suggestions?

I'm thinking that Google is wanting people to only use its apps – but I'm hoping to continue to use Acrobat Reader by Adobe.

However, as my Samsung tablet is not registering such an issue -- is this just a Sony issue, and not an Adobe issue?

Thanks

... Chris

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I would uninstall what you got and install Adobe Acrobat Mobile from here:

https://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/ 

Also see additional information here:

https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/mobile/acrobat-reader.html?skwcid=AL!3085!3!356073185194!b!!g!!%2Bad... 

The first link gives you control of the Adobe Reader app instead of installing it from an third party app store.

Just an obervation on your remarks about Sony and Google, it has nothing to do with Adobe Acrobat Reader not updating on your phone.

If you download from the link above you only select which version of Android operating system is running in your mobile device and install the respective version.

You may, however, unlock and root your current device to install a customized ROM of Android or a newer version of Android OS which basically is considered a major upgrade for that device plus without all the Sony and Google bloatware ... if that is what you are asking.

There are other app stores out there such as F-Droid which are more neutral and open source oriented in terms of the content of apps that you get to choose to install in your device rather than forced to accept what gets in your device without your explicit consent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chris,

As you have mentioned above, the application do not auto update on a particular device.

It seems to be more the device specific issue as the application updating on other Android device without any issues.

I would suggest you to get in touch with the Google Support once as the auto update feature is of Google Play Store.

Let us know if you need any help from us.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines