• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading commented pdf files to Google drive

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update I cannot upload commented files any more from my Ipad to google drive. The comments vanish when I upload. It does not give me the "Share Original File" or "Share flattened copy" option.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi soumyom​,

Sorry for the problem that you've encountered with Google Drive and Acrobat.

Other users have reported the same/similar problem as well.

Google Drive: Could not open ‘xxx’ due to an unknown error.

First, we would like to understand how you open a PDF document.

(a) From Acrobat: Go to Files > Locations > More Locations and select a PDF document stored in Google Drive.

(b) From the Google Drive app, open a PDF document, tap More (...), and "Open in" > "Copy to Acrobat".

Or are you trying to use the Share feature in Acrobat to send a copy of the PDF document with comments via Mail?

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open the file from Google drive and ask it to save (or open in Acrobat Reader).

Then I work on it .. annotate, comment, draw etc on the file using Acrobat reader.

After that I say “share file”... there are multiple options including “save to google drive”, “gmail” etc.

Earlier when I chose these options .. it would ask me whether I want to save original file (where comments can be edited) or flattened file (where comments cannot be edited). I used to choose “flattened file”, and then when I gave someone my google drive file link, or emailed to someone, or put it in a shared folder ... they could see my comments, annotations and drawings.

Now when I save to Google drive or even try sharing by email through gmail ... It does not give me an option to share ”original” or “flattened” file. Further, when I save / send ... none of the comments are visible any more, although they exist in my adobe acrobat reader version of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SoumyoM​,

Thank you for the information. 

Now I understand that your problem is about sharing, not about lost comments changes with workflow (a) above in my previous reply.

The "Share Flatten Copy" option is no longer available via Share in Acrobat 18.09.13 or later.

However, there is a way to generate a flattened copy in Acrobat.  Please take a look at this forum document.

How to share a flattened copy of a PDF document

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.. it works .. but by jove ... the workaround is complicated ...  😞

Please make our life easier .. not more difficult  !!

Anyway .. thanks for the help .. it will have to do for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi SoumyoM​,

We just released Acrobat Reader 18.12.00 to the App Store on December 14, 2018.

This release provides the flattening option in Acrobat's Settings > Preferences.

Please see the following forum FAQ document for more details.

How to share a flattened copy of a PDF document

Would you please update to 18.12.00 and let us know if it works for you?

Thank you for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines