• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Viewing pdf files on iPad

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , I’m unable to open and read pdf files on a site that I’ve used before without any problem , and there are a number of them to be viewed . I’m using an iPad tablet and the Software version is 14.2  I’m using safari browser  and the Acrobat Reader version is 20.10.00  all seemed to be well until I recently upgraded to this version . Is there an issue with apple , safari ,and this version  ?  When I phoned the relevant company and told them my issue , I was told to download Google chrome , which I did ,but stilI could not open documents , when I clicked on view I was given an option to download and (open in ) to which I chose file , but when I go to file,  the documents there are blank . I can view these on Google chrome on my laptop , which is windows 10 and can save them  to file no problem , however I would rather be  able to read them on my iPad as I’ve done before , any help would be much appreciated .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the files are public, please share the web address for one of these PDF files. I observe, though, that you are having the same problem with three entirely different software maker's apps (Apple, Google, Adobe), suggesting the problem is not in your apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi , Thanks fo getting back so quickly , the site I’m trying to read them from is my car insurance company , so I have to put user name and password in to access the  site , I could do a screenshot of what I’m seeing though , but this probably wouldn’t be any help . I’ve  never had a problem reading them before, like I say I can read them on windows , but not on an Apple device ie: iPad or iPhone . Just to cloud matters even more when I  tried again on  Google chrome to access the site on my iPad , and it gives me the option to download and open in , this time I chose to open in printer and I could read documents , why would this be ? I’ve mailed the documents now from my windows laptop to my mail on iPad as attachments and there blank .

I hope this throws some light on the matter , again any help wood be good . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines