The Intune SDK was updated December 2018 and the latest app release was June 2018, so maybe this is a compatability issue? When can we expect a new release, build on the new Intune SDK?
Are you using MDM, MAM, or neither? Are OneDrive and Acrobat logged into the same Microsoft account? If MDM or MAM, do you know what Intune policies are set?
We are running MDM and both Onedrive and Acrobat are in the same App Protection policy, with the setting: Allow app to transfer data to other apps - policy managed apps. It has been working with these settings.
Unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce your issue.
Here is --exactly-- what I have setup. Let me know of any discrepancies from what you have so we can figure this out.
1) In the Intune console we are pointing to Adobe Acrobat Reader Intune and OneDrive on the App Store
2) Device compliance - No policies
3) Device configuration - 1 property set "Viewing corporate documents in unmanaged apps - BLOCK"
4) Using MDM
Then from inside OneDrive:
1) Tap on the 3 dots on the right side of the Files for a PDF file
2) Tap on Open in Another app
3) Share appears showing ONLY OneDrive and Copy to Adobe Acrobat (confirming that Intune protection is enabled)
4) Tap on Copy to Adobe Acrobat
Result: Document Opens in Acrobat
Can you provide any other details?
We can open pdf documents from Onedrive, like you describe.
The user reporting this issue, is used to open pdf documents from Adobe.
1. In Adobe press "Local" - More locations - OneDrive
2. Browse to your pdf document and press it
3. Adobe fails to open the document
We have told the user to open the documents from OneDrive as a workaround, but he would like to know why it stopped working from Adobe.
My guess is the new Intune SDK, that was released i December 2018 and the latest Adobe app was released June 2018 using the old SDK.
Got it. Let me look into that.