• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where does Reader Store Files on Android! URGENT!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, you are REALLY messing me up today.

I am extremely angry right now!!!!

This STUPID app has somehow grabbed a bunch of files I've downloaded-- 734MB!!! --and tucked them into HIDDEN, PRIVATE storage which I cannot find using normal Android file managent tools. So I cannot move, upload, or even find these files on my device!!

WHAT IS THE SENSE of this! Other than to MESS PEOPLE UP and sell them Cloud Services?

I want to MOVE my files FROM my device to another location on my device. I DO NOT NEED the Cloud for this, and my files are PRIVATE. I do not want to Pay for bandwidth, nor wait for what should be a LOCAL COPY!

Give me a way to access my files locally!!!!!

This is URGENTLY NEEDED

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Access to link denied - I love Adobe for not giving me access to my own files - now I can't even open the links in the forums - Ininstalling to never use again ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WilliamAHuston,

Apologies for the trouble caused and delay in response, as you want to know where does reader store files on android?

Adobe reader stores all the files on document cloud, to know more about how to manage the files on the cloud, you may please refer to the help article - Where are my Adobe Document Cloud files? 

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Amal, that is NOT CORRECT.

I can SEE they are stored on my local device!!

I can turn off internet and still see the files.

Please don't bull*** me.

I NEED ACCES TO MY FILES ASAP!!!

Your cloud services are NOT an acceptable solution!

I am SO SICK of Adobe's BAD engineering and BS Marketing Schemes which hold users hostage!!

I'm going to file a complaint with my states Attorney General, and with the US Attorney General.

This is CRIMINAL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

As described above, you are able to see the files and you need access to the files, we need some more information for a better understanding:

• Are you not able to open the files?
  • Are you getting any error message when you try to open the file?
  • Could you please share a screenshot of the steps /workflow you do to open the files?

To share the screenshot, use the steps below:

• Click on the insert icon provided in the reply window.
  • Insert image window will appear.
  • Click on the insert image and browse the location where you have saved the screenshot file.
  • Select the file and click on open > Insert Image.

Waiting for the reply

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WilliamAHuston,

Sorry for the trouble caused.

Could you please confirm the location under which the PDFs appear under "Files" in the applicaiton?

- On this device

- Document Cloud

- Other added account

As you need to save those files in an alternate location, you can use the Share option in the application. Check if that helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He asked where on device the files are stored.  The answer is a directory path.  When you select "On This Device" you should include the full path.  As such, this app is not useful to me as I need to manage my files with a file manager not with the Adobe App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal, I am having the same problem here.

We don't want to have to access PDF files through Adobe Document Cloud.

I've recently started using Adobe Fill & Sign, but once I complete the form I am unable to simply respond to the email that I had originally received the document through. The only share options I have are to create a NEW email thread (unacceptable for continued use) or to share a link to files.

Depending on who you're dealing with, people either get confused because they're expecting files, not links, or they don't open the links because they're wary of security issues (or just because their company firewalls block links like that).

How can I just complete a form, and then find it through "Attach file..." in gmail? It's so simple, but the process has been made unbelievably complicated.

I cannot afford to have to send myself an email with a newly signed document just so that I can download the file, again, and attach it to a previous email thread.

Does this make sense to anyone? Or am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem, i can view a pdf file in the Adobe reader app but i can't access it or find it in the file manager. So please just tell us where do you save the pdf files when opened by your app?? Give us a directory path please 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are stored in the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide the default directory path to access the files without opening the app?

When I go to my home screen on the Adobe Reader app, I can see lots of files saved in my mobile device (not the cloud) but I cant find where exactly these files are saved.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only the app can access the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so stupid. Uninstalling it right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing the app will also remove the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe software these days is a hodgepodge of cow dung...

I was able to move the file on Android by:

1) Going to the file and tapping the three dots. 2) Then choose share.

3) When share comes up with a list of apps, choose a file manager app. I use 'cx file manager' which can be found in the play store on Android.

4) Browse to the folder location of your choice and choose 'Save' at the bottom

Why adobe support couldn't answer people here is baffling to me. Thanks for leaving us in the dust Adobe. I very much dislike current adobe products. Get it together!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support wouldn't answer because they are not here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader doesn't show me the directory of file saved from facebook. The files are only shown in recent. I can't copy them to my desired location for future retrival.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open the files in Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir, you understood very well problem. We can open, but we can not do whatever we want to do with OUR file, wich, unfortunatelly, can be opened also with Adobe. We like Adobe, but here it s make really people nervos, cose we can not manage OUR file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save the file in the Document Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr Bernd, sorry, what kind of advice is this? Did you really read MAIN question????? What that man originally was request?  What bulls... you advice with cloud, etc???? What Proffesional Adobe are U? Sorry for you, sir. Theoretically germans are seriously...except WV and I can put lots here. You are proffesional? Answer RIGHT answer. Cloud it was from beg. excluded from solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bernd_Alheit,

We don't want to use Document Cloud.

It's difficult, almost impossible, to work with in almost EVERYONE's workflow,

Unless you're creating a new email, the sharing options are totally useless.

I need to be able to access the document on m device, NOT through Document Cloud, so that I can attach it to current email threads, or share it as I wish.

I just want to be able to save a document on my device where I can access it WITHOUT going through Document Cloud. That would save all my hassles and allow me to use my files as I wish.

I cannot use this product until the workflow changes. And I know I'm not the only one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you use Acrobat Reader? Does you open the file in Acrobat Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines