• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I submit a distributed form from the iOS Acrobat Reader app?

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've distributed a form and would like for the recipients to be able to submit the completed form back to me from the iOS app. No matter what I try though, it's not working.

Any advice would be appreciated.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Wilson,

I apologize for the delay in response to your previous message.

The submit button should be supported by the app. However, you can refer to the similar discussion submit button on Acrobat Mobile

Or email the original form to us, we will check the same at our end and see whether the issue is reproducible or not?

"You can share the file with us via email. And you can send it to the email that is shared via private message. Please do mention your forum thread in the subject"

-Akanchha

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wilsonb,

The functionality of a desktop application Adobe Reader DC and a mobile app is quite different. Mobile app doesn't support all the features that you get in a desktop app, its access are limited to certain level.

Adobe Reader for mobile brings all new support for filling PDF forms (in addition to other features).

However, some forms have fonts or use text that Adobe Reader for Mobile cannot yet encode correctly. Therefore, for these fonts, Adobe Reader for mobile uses an image snapshot of the field.

If you can elaborate the issue in details that what exactly happening when you are filling the form using mobile app, it would be more helpful to understand.

regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akanchha,

Thanks for responding so promptly!

My assumption is that the function I'm looking for just isn't supported by the mobile app but I'd be happy to elaborate, nonetheless.

After creating a form (within the desktop app) the user has the option to "distribute" the form. This is a feature native to Adobe Reader and that allows for automatic data collection upon the "submittal" of the form whereas simply emailing an attached form doesn't collect any information upon its return.

While this feature works perfectly on the desktop app, it doesn't even present as an option in the mobile version. Opening a "distributed" form on the desktop presents the recipient with a prompt & button - in a purple bar at the top of the page - reminding them to submit the form upon completion. This prompt, and more importantly this button, don't show up in the mobile app.

Is there something I have done wrong or does this feature just not exist in the mobile version?

V/R

Wilson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Wilson,

I apologize for the delay in response to your previous message.

The submit button should be supported by the app. However, you can refer to the similar discussion submit button on Acrobat Mobile

Or email the original form to us, we will check the same at our end and see whether the issue is reproducible or not?

"You can share the file with us via email. And you can send it to the email that is shared via private message. Please do mention your forum thread in the subject"

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines