• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can’t I use the arrow keys on my Smart Keyboard folio to navigate a pdf?

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use my arrow keys to navigate Acrobat when on my Mac desktop, why doesn’t the app for Ipad allow my Smart Keyboard arrow keys to perform the same function? I need a way to click or tap directly to the next/previous page, I cannot figure out how to do this.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kristenm,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you want to navigate acrobat using arrow keys on the keyboard, is that correct?

This functionality is not available in acrobat reader app. However, you may share your feedback using this link: Adobe Acrobat for iPhone and iPad - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

You may also refer to the following forum threads discussing the similar issue:

Re: Why does Acrobat Reader for iPad not allow third party products like iRig Blue Turn to turn page...

Re: How to use keyboard when select dropdown list in IPHONE/IPAD with Adobe Acrobat PDF

Re: Bluetooth keyboard support

Let us know if you have any query.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why hasn't this happened yet!  It's been 3 years.  It's freakin unbelievable you can't naviagate with the arrow keys.  (Pulls out hair)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Scott22625172c0dg 

Sorry for the trouble. This issue was under test with our engineering team, and now you can expect a fix in the upcoming release. 

Thanks again for your patience.

~Harsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe you. It's been three years since this question was posted.

- Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott, 

This issue again came into notice a few months ago. Now the team has confirmed that the fix will be rolled out in the next update.

Thanks,

Harsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you lie? What was the point in that? 

Every other app has the keyboard function. Procreate even does it. Why doesn't adobe support this in 2024???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Joshua288316615k9k

I am checking on this with the team.

Please allow me some time. I will update the thread once I hear back.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And its still not working on the Smart Keyboard ... why can't u guys just resolve it , what's the purpose of a keyboard if I can't use half of it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jayashreen2222992 

Sorry for the trouble. Could you please share a few more details?

1. Application version?

2. iOS version?

Make sure that the application is up to date.

Thanks,

Harsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I think I'm experiencing the same issue. Using Acrobat on an older iPad Pro, the arrow keys on the apple Smart Keyboard used to work when editing a document, but several months ago the functionality stopped. The arrow keys simply don't work anymore. I have experienced this over many versions of acrobat and with two different smart keyboards on the same ipad. My ipad model is: iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation). Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on the phone with Adobe today, asking why the directional arrows do not work on the mobile app for ipad.  I was told that I had to upgrade my account for premium features.  When I told Adobe premium features were incluced, they kept telling me I needed to upgrade my account.  I told them to transfer me back to sales and was told again I had all premium features.  These guys are ridiculous.  4 years later and still can't use f*****g directional arrows on the ipad app.  Pathetic.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kennethg82708317,,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience.

This shouldn't be happening and we would like to investigate further. Please share a few pieces of information:

1. The app version of Acrobat Reader Mobile (go to Profile-> About Acrobat);

2. The iPad model, iPadOS version and the keyboard you are using with its model.

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE, WAKE UP.  this issue has been going on for years.  FIX IT!!  why cant we simply use our keyboards to move through a pdf, as computer users have done for decades???????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @wmm1, There are differences regarding the behavior of mobile and desktop due to the architecture and the processing powers.

The feature has been in contention for deployment with the dev team for some time now.

I'll check with them to see if there has been any update.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines