• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do desktop owners also have to subscribe to mobile services?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As any other Adobe application, this app is amazing. I've already spent £400 though on purchasing the desktop application. If you have the most current desktop professional version, fully licensed, you should get the mobile editing version for free without having to pay again for using the service on a mobile device. I will just have to leave all of the editing until I get home every evening, so I can still accomplish what I need to, but it's just a waste of my time. I'm not paying for a mobile subscription too. Do you think Adobe may consider this going forward or will they just make owners pay for using the same application only on different devices?

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Legendzakos,

If you have Adobe Acrobat DC subscription for the desktop application, then you do not need any subscription for the mobile device.

You can simply use the same Adobe ID and password to login to your Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile application to use the subscribed features.

However, there are limited features available on the mobile application than the desktop application.

Please refer this help document FAQ | Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile app for more details.

Let us know if you are experiencing any issue with the mobile application.

Regards,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Legendzakos,

If you have Adobe Acrobat DC subscription for the desktop application, then you do not need any subscription for the mobile device.

You can simply use the same Adobe ID and password to login to your Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile application to use the subscribed features.

However, there are limited features available on the mobile application than the desktop application.

Please refer this help document FAQ | Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile app for more details.

Let us know if you are experiencing any issue with the mobile application.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds as if you don't want to pay for a subscription, either desktop or mobile. If so, you don't get the mobile. Just as, if you subscribe you can go from Mac to Windows, but the perpetual license covers only what you first paid for. The subscription offers many advantages, and Adobe make it favourable to give you even more of an incentive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might I just say you are dancing around the actual issue here, then perhaps in the fine print Adobe should be held accountable for providing this information aside from. *restrictions may apply* more bull from a bull company, *cheer* gfys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Ryan32750432fd2d,

Thank you for writing in!

With Acrobat Pro or Standard subscription, you get the mobile premium pack included. 

If you have a perpetual license, you are paying a one time fee to purchase lifetime access to a single product and not the complete product family.

That is very clearly mentioned on the help pages, and the same is visible when you try to make a purchase for the mobile version of Acrobat. 

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I was asking, was as a purchaser of a full desktop Mac license, not a subscription based license, do I still need to pay for a monthly mobile license. It seems as though the answer would be yes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is yes. Many mobile apps are free, some single purchase, some are extended by subscription... some iPad features need an Acrobat Pro subscription (which would mean you didn’t need to buy it for desktop). It’s complicated so if you can say what you’re after we may be able to help you figure it out. If we can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I'm after is an inclusive subscription on a mobile app if you have purchased the desktop application, until the next  version of the desktop app is superceded or replaced by a subscription version or a new upgrade, once off purchase application. If this is not possible, then perhaps a reduced price for the facility to also edit pdf's on a mobile app and not only when using your pre-purchsed desktop version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to get PDF editing in Acrobat Reader on iPad is from an all-inclusive and continuing subscription to Acrobat Pro. Which would replace your permanent license (and include future upgrades). That’s how it is, I can’t speak for Adobe’s plans and speculating about their motivations won’t help or cheer you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That doesn't cheer me up at all. At the end of the day, it would suggest as expected, and is apparent now, that Adobe Systems only work on NEW, incoming business, rather than 9 years of retained service, remains greedy in line with all other service providers in the USA! Perhaps I should have remained with version IX which wouldn't have cost me anything more, and the benefits would have remained unchanged! POOR ADVERTISING. I'll say that much! If you can, stay with Adobe IX! There is no point in upgrading except that you'll be moving to a 32 bit app rather than a 64 bit app in line with apple.inc's demands! Be aware of upgrading to Mojave! This is Just the start of your problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines