• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Acrobat Reader for iPad not allow third party products like iRig Blue Turn to turn pages over Bluetooth?

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does Acrobat Reader for iPad not allow third party products like iRig Blue Turn to turn pages over Bluetooth?

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - we enabled keyboard support sometime back. This should work now!

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Thanks for the feedback. This is something we're hoping to add in the next year. My understanding is that most of these devices emulate a bluetooth keyboard, so we need to implement page turning support for the keyboard, typically a space or arrow button. Is that how this device works? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - we enabled keyboard support sometime back. This should work now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have the same problem with the same device. Is there a setting I have to change in order for Adobe to recognise the foot pedal?

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - 

It looks like the iRig has two configurations. The first is to send up / down arrow. The second is to send page-up, page-down commands. I believe the page-up, page-down configuration should work. Acrobat for iOS listens for either the spacebar (for next page), or page-up/page-down keyboard commands for previous / next page (on an Apple keyboard, this corresponds to option-up-arrow, option-down-arrow). If you are in continuous mode, Acrobat will scroll forward / backward one screen of the page. If you are in Single Page mode, it will "flip" to previous or next page.

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello. I'm having the same problem. my Bluetooth keyboard will not navigate pages on my iPad when in Acrobat.  How do you enable keyboard support? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines