Highlighted

Why is my Ipad Adobe Reader kept saying that my doc is read only version

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello everyone,

I use my Ipad to read and edit documents. Recently, I updated the software to the latest version IOS version.

The problem is that ever time I use the reader, the app will prompt me by saying that the document was a “read only“ version and requires me to create a local copy. What’s worse is that after creating a local copy, the same problem arises after awhile

All these problems doesn’t exist before the update and I am Sure that the documents are not “read only version”. Appreciate any help here!

Hi jasondash​, domenb73821963​, trieste2​, cayleyc66155824​, bronsonc49638062​,

We just released Acrobat Reader 18.01.22 to the App Store.

This is the latest official release as of January 23.  Some of you have already installed the pre-release version that is identical to the one in the App Store.

Please give it a try and let us know if it works for you.

Thank you!

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why is my Ipad Adobe Reader kept saying that my doc is read only version

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello everyone,

I use my Ipad to read and edit documents. Recently, I updated the software to the latest version IOS version.

The problem is that ever time I use the reader, the app will prompt me by saying that the document was a “read only“ version and requires me to create a local copy. What’s worse is that after creating a local copy, the same problem arises after awhile

All these problems doesn’t exist before the update and I am Sure that the documents are not “read only version”. Appreciate any help here!

This is the latest official release as of January 23.  Some of you have already installed the pre-release version that is identical to the one in the App Store.

Thank you!

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 16, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jasondash​,

You have encountered a defect in Acrobat Reader 18.01.15.

Acrobat Reader displays the "Read-Only Document" alert and fails to save pending changes when you

• switch to other apps
  • let your iPad/iPhone go to sleep

A short-term workaround for the problem is to tap the < (Back) button to close your PDF document to save changes before switching to other apps or letting your iPad/iPhone go to sleep.

We are actively working on a fix and trying to release a new update to the App Store as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I use the Back and re-open the file, but its annonying. Hope its fixed soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 20, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jasondash, domenb73821963,

We believe that we fixed the problem that you've experienced.

I sent forum private messages to both of you to see if you are interested in evaluating the pre-release version of Acrobat Reader that contains the fix.

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 20, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced the same annoying issue & I need this to be addressed, whether it’s via this pre-release, or another way

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi trieste2​,

I sent a forum private message to you as well.

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having this same problem, and need a fix ASAP to keep my business running smoothly.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cayleyc66155824​,

Please check the forum private message from me.

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. I will be in the middle of editing with the app for legal proceedings and my drawings and text boxes will vanish. I have to be able to toggle between iPad apps as I go without stopping.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2018 0