• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why isn’t Acrobat Reader listed in Share Sheet?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve supported iPads since the first model, but this problem is driving me nuts!

iPad 5 iOS 11.2.5

When I open a PDF from email in Apple’s default reader, I tap the Share button, but the Reader app isn’t listed. Neither is iBooks or other apps In the first row. Only the default Mail app displays. After tapping the More button, nothing except the Mail app displays. Even PDF Expert is not listed.  How can I open the file in Reader?

Thanks for your help,

Charlie

5EBCDE49-AA95-4EC1-BCB2-202FEEC0EE28.jpegD9E8B01A-CC3D-4AD9-8DFD-2C6DC51AFAA0.jpeg Does Reader not have a Share Sheet ext

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi charlie3878​,

This is what my Share sheet on iOS 11.2.5 looks like.

Share.png

The Share sheet options and order may vary.  However, your Share sheet does not even show "Copy" or any Apple iOS apps (e.g. iBooks, Notes), either.

Is it possible that the problem is happening only with your iOS devices owned by your company?

With Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM), your company can protect information by controlling what you can access or share on the company-owned mobile devices.

Please consult with your company's IT department.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi charlie3878​,

This is what my Share sheet on iOS 11.2.5 looks like.

Share.png

The Share sheet options and order may vary.  However, your Share sheet does not even show "Copy" or any Apple iOS apps (e.g. iBooks, Notes), either.

Is it possible that the problem is happening only with your iOS devices owned by your company?

With Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM), your company can protect information by controlling what you can access or share on the company-owned mobile devices.

Please consult with your company's IT department.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip. We manage the devices with MobileIron and security policies are applied. I’ll check with Network team on Monday.

Thanks again,

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines