Copied

Why wont a hyperlink open in pdf on iphone

TOPICS
iOS , View or share PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cynthiag,

We apologize for the delay in response.

Could you confirm the pdf file that you have been opening, does it contains the web links or some shared file location link?

Because Acrobat mobile app does support the embedded links but there are some limitations

For more detail you may refer to the forum thread where similar issue has been discussed-   Why don't PDF links work. This is a serious problem

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That thread was mostly if not entirely unhelpful. It did not work on my PDF. Mobile kept redirecting all my links to the same link. How, in the simplest terms possible, does one ensure links on a PDF work on mobile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a problem I have had in the past. It is extremely frustrating that APPLE still hates ADOBE and does not make their products work flawlessly with Adobe.

HERE IS THE WORKAROUND I USE
1. Create your high rez or other rez PDF with InDesign as you normally would.
2. Open your PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro

3. Edit PDF

4. Add Link (wherever you want it)

5. Save Document

It will now work for iPhones

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this, and the recommendations from the previous thread and it DOES NOT work. Can you please explain how to make sure our hyperlinks are working in PDF using all mobile devices? I have not found any of the solutions mentioned here to work. Please advise again how to make all links on a PDF work on mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this same issue. I have a PDF with several hyperlinks, and half of them work and the other half of them don't. I am only running into this problem when the PDF is opened in Safair on iPhone, it worked fine in Chrome and on Android. 

The button that links to our app on the Apple Store which does not work, but the link to the Google Play store works. A link to our support center works, but not the phone number or the email address. I'm not too concerned with the phone and email, but the inconsistency with the store links is a real problem. We've tried this article and nothing on there was helpful either: Why don't PDF links work. This is a serious problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines