Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

11/26/20 Saved as name does not appear at top of document

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7, acrobat reader .013.200066, latest update:

When I save a new downloaded pdf and save it as "2020-11-26 EOB" the name shows up in folder as "2020-11-26 EOB." Good!

When I open file the title at the top of the docuent reads "Explanation of Benefits." Not Good! Identifying the correct file on screen is dependent on the exact name of the document!

This did not occur with the prior version of the Reader. What is the fix?

Or, am I doing something wrong?

TOPICS
How to , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader shows the title of the file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not find this helpful to my problem.

I would rephrase your response, "Acrobat Reader shows the title of the file" as Acrobat Reader shows a title of the file just not the title that I saved it as. To be more explicit, I can be looking at multiple files saved with names dependent on different dates but when opened on screen the all have the same name since they all share similar kinds of information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file name is not the title. You can see the title in the properties of the document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, this is not terribly helpful. You assume that I am as computer savy as you. I am not. I can sloppily sometimes use title and file name as refering to the same thing. I do not begrudge your greater knowledge but offering a more complete explanation from the start would be more efficient for both you and me. A lot of questions in fora like these is from users of limited computer/program experience.While waiting I did find:

Correct answer by George_Johnson | Adobe Community Professional

A PDF can be configured to show either the file name or the document title in the title bar. You can check by selecting: File > Properties > Initial View > Window Options > Show > File Name | Document Title

This pointed me to solving the problem. I do not know/remember if I had changed settings in the previous version or if it came out of the box that way.

My apologies if I sound impatient or disrespectful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the preferences of Acrobat Reader DC you can specify what you want see, the title or the file name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines